Friday, January 16, 2009

Our Next Project



YEA!!! We started on the bathroom down in the basement tonight! I'm so excited to get started on another room. Hopefully I will be a little more help with this room, and it wont take so long to finish.

We each have specific jobs assigned to us while working in the basement.

Chris of course is the brains and the muscle behind the whole thing. I sure as heck have no idea how to plumb a bathroom, vent a bathroom, or put up a wall!

My job is to keep Bubby entertained if needed, cut the wood, (Yes, I can use a saw and I am fairly good at it!), hand Chris tools, which usually means FIND the tools he has laid down somewhere, and give input. I don't know how great my input is, but I give it when asked, and even sometimes when I'm not asked.

Reagan's job is to keep from getting hurt! This can be somewhat of a job for her. She is at that age where she is a little clumsy. Every time she comes to our house she has a new bruise or scratch, or some kind of owie to show me.

Bubby's job is to take a nap if at all possible, and if not, to just be his regular content and happy self, until of course it is feeding time and then all bets are off.

Cameron however has the most "fun" of all our jobs, or so he thinks. His job is to make sure that Chris doesn't get electrocuted. You think I'm joking, but I have pictures to prove it.

When Chris was finishing the office last year, I went downstairs one day to find Cameron standing next to Chris holding a 2x4 as big as he was! He was looking very intently at Chris and had somewhat of a panicked and worried look on his face. I asked him what he was doing and he said "Dad told me I had to whack him!" WHAT???

So Chris explains to me that he is working near some electrical things with the drill and he has told Cameron that if he were to hit one of the wires, and get shocked, that Cameron was to knock him over with the 2x4!! No wonder the poor boy looked panicked!

So ever since then, this has been Cameron's job. He has his 2x4 ready and waiting to 'Whack' his dad at any given moment. Thankfully he hasn't had to use it yet, but he is always standing by ready and more then willing to give his dad a big WHACK!

7 comments:

Lissel Dalton said...

I LOVE IT! You go Cameron...might just whack him just because...oh wait, I am supposed to suppress the devilish side of me...oh well! Too funny!

Unknown said...

Wow! Don't think I'd ever give anybody that job for me. Looks like Cam is hoping to get to use that 2x4, tho :) Mom

Allison said...

I had tears running down my face reading that, I could barely read it to Nathan because I was laughing so hard. Thanks for the good laugh. Hopefully he doesn't get the chance to fulfill his "job".

Natalee said...

Oh Lissel, you haven't said anything I have't already told Cameron. I think thats why HE has the job and not me! :) I would whack him too many times just for fun! ha ha

Megan said...

Chris is so cool!

Bethany said...

Way to be a handy man, Chris! That picture of Cam is so funny.

Heidi said...

That was hysterical! It will be great when it's all done!