I'm not sure which one of won this battle. We both had carrots all over us by the time lunch was over! Bubby now tries to "help" me when I feed him! I have to be pretty fast to get the spoon in his mouth before he grabs it and flings food everywhere. As you can see I'm not quite fast enough! I think his bib sums it all up!
April 3, 2012
14 years ago
3 comments:
Nati! Look at those sassy little eyes! He knows...he has your heart...watch yourself girl...he's got your button! I know that look... :-)
whenever one of my kids hits that "i want to help you feed me" phase, i just have learned to turn it over to them. safely buckle them in the highchair, move the highchair into the center of the kitchen so nothing is in direct contact for food flinging. give them a little bowl of food and a spoon and step back. its a hassle to clean up, but at some point (for me at least) it became more important to have a happy baby. so, once they are done, just wash them down in the sink/tub whatever, wipe down your cabinets, and voila! happy baby. also, that way they learn to feed themselves and use their hands so much faster. have you started giving him the zwieback toast or biter buscuits yet? thats fun to watch too. fun, but very messy. :) (sorry about how long this is!)
c.Well, obviously he isn't one of those babies who hates to be dirty! Donna Cooley used to have to feed Andy with a washcloth handy to wipe him down after every bite. No, I didn't have one of those, either, but it might be kind of nice.... Mom
Post a Comment