Monday, January 26, 2009

Mr. Demanding



Bubby's getting to the age where he notices when he is "alone" and he doesn't like it, to put it mildly.

It all started with his naps. He was pretty little when he started to refuse to sleep in his crib, and would only sleep in my bed. He was even picky about which SIDE he slept on! He sleeps on Chris' side, so we call it "Sleeping in his Daddy Bed".

Just so he would actually take a nap, I started to just let him do it, and stop fighting him on it.

Well...now it's not just that he wants to sleep in his Daddy bed, he wants me to snuggle him and thump his bum UNTIL he falls asleep in his Daddy bed. Ok...I can do that I guess.

That lasted for about 2 weeks. Now he is on to a new demand. He falls asleep but reaches up for me in his sleep, and if he doesn't touch some part of me, he wakes up and doesn't go back to sleep. He usually ends up taking a nap with his hand on my face. So for the past way too long, we have been taking a nap together. Don't get me wrong, I love naps, but I really should be doing other things then napping!

So long story short, if I am not in his sight, he screams until he can see me, or until I come and pick him up. I was trying to make dinner, and he was really getting mad. He wanted to be held and I couldn't just sit and hold him! I tried giving him toys,and sitting him where he could see me, but none of it worked.

Then I spotted his Bumbo and got an idea. I put him in his Bumbo and sat him up on the counter with me. He actually liked "helping" me cook, and it was nice to actually GET to cook!

Have I created a Monster?!?! I guess at least he is a Cute Monster! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I did the same with Zoey in the bumbo on the counter when I would cook. She loved it. Then she got to big and would climb out of it so now she has to just do her own thing but I totally understand. I'm glad to know I'm not the only with with a baby who hates napping in the crib.

Melissa said...

once I tried putting kenna in the baby bjorn backpack thingy to try to cook, that was a huge mistake she nearly burnt her hands like 10 different times!