Friday, January 23, 2009

Activity Days



Yesterday was my very first Activity Day's Activity. To say the least...it was a total baptism by fire!

Our activity was to go to the Draper temple open house. We had a little trouble finding enough drivers for all 18 girls who went, but at the last minute we were able to get just barely enough.

I forget how goofy and silly girls that age are. On the drive up I spent the entire time referring fights, and making sure the tears were kept to a minimum.

We got there at 5:00 and went through the little audio tour, and then we got on a bus and rode up to the temple. It was beautiful obviously. I loved the cherry wood that they used in the temple. It was from Africa, annd it was so pretty! There were TONS of people there and I felt a little rushed through. However I would have felt that way anyway with 18 girls!

I wasn't able to take a picture of the temple, the only time we actually saw the outside of the temple was when we were in the bus. I tried to take a picture, but it didn't turn out. I only got a picture of a dirty window and some lights.

So instead, I took a picture of all or at least most all of the 18 girls after the open house at McDonalds. We took them out to get something to eat on the way home.

It was quite the activity, and I have to say, I was more then happy to get home to my little bubby and my Fer!

2 comments:

Lissel Dalton said...

Thanks for posting this...I was sad that I missed this activity, but with a newborn I didn't think I wanted to brave it. Looks like you had a great turn out and had lots of fun!

Natalee said...

It was fun, we missed ya, and I wouldn't have wanted my 8 month old there, let alone a one week old!! Way too stressful! :)