I've been having a little bit of the "Mommy blues" this week. I have realized that in just a few short months, I have traded in my cute jeans, form fitting shirts and fun shoes, for lots of very Mommy looking clothes! IE, sweat pants, baggy shirts covered in spit up, and either slip on shoes, or no shoes at all. This hasn't really made for a great self-esteem lately.
I had decided after going home last month and seeing everyone else looking so good, that I was going on a serious diet. I did really well for a couple of weeks and even lost about 5lbs or so, which believe me is only a very SMALL drop in the bucket. Then we seemed to get lazy, and before I knew it, the diet had kind of gone by the wayside yet again.
So now with the new month starting, and it getting closer and closer to going back home again I have decided that this time I am going to have a very clear goal, and I'm going to reach that goal. I figure if I write it down for all the world to see, I'm going to HAVE to do it. This way I am somewhat accountable.
I have decided that I am going to get in shape and run a 5K. It's something I have always kind of wanted to do. I have always said I can't run, and really have never even given it much of an effort. So I'm out to prove to myself that there is something I actually CAN do that I have always thought I couldn't.
I found a website that has a workout routine that is supposed to get you in shape and ready to run a 5K in 8 weeks, so I'm going to try it.
That means that hopefully....no not even hopefully, that means that for sure by October 27 I will be able to run a 5K. I know it's not much of a run for most people, but it will be a huge thing for me.
So my goal is two fold...do something I never thought I would ever be able to do, and hopefully lose some much needed weight in the process. Even if I don't get rid of my "Mommy clothes" anytime soon, at least maybe I'll look a little better in them! hahaha
Wish me luck, I'll keep you posted!!!!
April 3, 2012
14 years ago
5 comments:
Natalee...I'm sending you the worst fat picture of me EVER...if anyone else wants it...I'll send it to them too! I just won't EVER post it on my blog. You have no idea how huge I got...it will make you think your goals are a drop in the bucket! I'll send you a workout mix too if you want it!? You should get one of those nike inserts in your shoe...and we can track our progress together! Running a 5K will be a snap for you! DO IT!!!!
I think that you are awesome! Good luck, and if you ever need a running buddy...then don't call me! :) lol sorry, sometimes I think I'm funny. :) Good luck, I know that you will make it!
I started my own it's now or never day today!! Diet, exerscise drinking lots of water instead of diet pepsi.. etc!!!! I wish you luck and lots of skinny success!!!!
Good Luck! I decided to run a 5K last summer and it felt so good to accomplish it when I did it! I didn't think I'd be able to do since I couldn't even run to the mailbox without huffing and puffing...but I did it, and so can you! Good Luck!!!
You can do it! My sister started running and found the program online, I am wondering if it's the same one?! It came with a podcast, she likes it a lot! Keep us posted on your progress.
Post a Comment