Usually on the days we have the kids, Chris takes Cameron to school in the morning on his way to work, and then drops of Reagan at her Mom's house. She has Afternoon Kindergarten so rather then make two trips into Grantsville, Shannon just gets her ready in the morning, and then takes her to school in the afternoon.
Today Shannon had a Dr.'s appointment, so she asked if Reagan could just stay here with me, and then she would pick her up on her way back and take her to school. I said that would be fine. Of course this meant that I had to get her ready for school.
I am TERRIBLE with hair! I don't even know how to French Braid! Shannon does hair for a living, so Reagan always has really cute little hair styles, and when she comes to our house it's usually just thrown into a pony tail, and a sad one at that, if I'm the one doing it! So I was a little, ok a lot, nervous about having to do her hair. I didn't want her teacher to say something like "Oh, is your Mommy out of town Reagan"? So I gave myself PLENTY of time to do something cute, or as cute as I was able to do, with her hair.
I asked her if she wanted anything special, which was probably a dumb thing to do, and she told me she wanted "Bratz hair". Great! How am I gonna pull that off?! I didn't know Bratz really had a hair style other then big, long, and poofy?
I remembered a few hair styles that I had seen at school that I thought were cute, so I decided to try what I thought would be the easiest one. I straightened her hair and then put it in two little clips. The hair that was in the clips I curled with a three barrel curling iron. It took me forever, and probably should have only taken a couple minutes, but I think it turned out sort of cute.
I asked her if that was what Bratz hair looked like, and she told me "no", but she seemed to be OK with it anyway. I still have no idea what exactly she wanted done with her hair, but hopefully no one will ask her if her Mommy is out of town today.
I thought she looked cute when she went off to school! I was pretty pleased with my version of "Bratz hair".
5 comments:
Good Job Natalee! I got to fix my nieces hair everyday when they lived with us for a while! I wish I could do little girl hairdo's everyday! At least Konner likes me to style his in a "faux hawk!" Here is a blog that will take you to TONS of other little girl hairdo blogs! www.shedoeshair.blogspot.com They have tutorials and super cute ideas!
Thanks Trisha! I am going to use that site! :) I have a little more confidence after today. I want her to have something really cute for their pictures we are having done in a week.
I think it looks exactly like Bratz hair! It is really cute!
Nati! That is so funny! Way to go! And she is SOOO cute! She looks like a little doll! I'm excited about your pictures! What are you going to all wear??? I'm trying to plan mine, and it's so complicated...I want to do something original...but who knows!?!
way to go nat! its gorgeous! i have never even tried fancy curling irons on my girls hair, and i have 3 of them! (girls that is, ) i guess i shouldnt be surprized that she would stand still for that, but my girls wouldnt last 3 seconds before running away in terror at the large hot appliance coming at them!
Post a Comment