Friday, September 19, 2008

The way to Chris' heart

Right before I got married my friend Amy threw me the funnest bridal shower I have ever been to! Maybe it was because it was mine, but I loved it! One of the things she had all the guests do was write down some advice for me. Because my bridal shower was only a couple days before I actually got married, my Mom and sisters and Grandma were able to be there. The advice my Grandma gave me was something to the effect of learn to perfect Chris' favorite meal, and during those times when one or both of you is upset, make it, and all will soon be forgiven.

Well...not that Chris and I have many fights where I feel like I need to make him his favorite meal so that all will soon be forgiven, but I have kind of tried to ask him what, if anything that I make, is his "favorite". He never really seemed to have one, he just always said something like, "You make good things" but he never really has been all that excited about one certain thing, until now.

About a week ago, we were asked if we could feed the missionaries on Saturday. They ended up canceling on us anyway, but not before I had made a huge Lasagna to serve them. I hadn't cooked it thankfully, so I just put it in the fridge for another day. I had planned on making it for Sunday dinner, but we got invited to his parents house for dinner, so when I asked Chris what he wanted for dinner on Monday he said "Lasagna". I had never made Lasagna for Chris, in fact I think I've only made it once in my life and I don't know what possessed me to make it for the missionaries, but I did. So I was a little nervous about serving it, for fear it might be gross, or not be something he would like.

So that's what I made. I knew we would have plenty of left-overs, but I figured they would be good lunches or something. Today is Friday, and Chris has had Lasagna for dinner on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Tonight! I made him eat with us on Wednesday, but he would have gladly had Lasagna that day too! He wants nothing else, and it's not because I haven't made anything else! The kids don't like it, so he has had PLENTY all to himself. I even made Chicken Enchiladas this week, but he ate left-over Lasagna instead!

So I guess I have finally, by total accident, found Chris' FAVORITE meal! Now I just need to "perfect" it. :) Who knew!?!? Silly Silly Fer!

1 comment:

Megan said...

I think I've started to comment on this...because I feel like I did...but...oh well...I think this is an excellent idea! I'm sure everyone's heard this before, and it's kinda cheesy...but when your house is a mess, and you haven't started making dinner you can pull it together easily, and look like the perfect mother by chopping up an onion and frying it in butter. The smell is excellent...and it SEEMs as though 'dinner is imminent' and pretty much, it is...because you can use a sautéed onion in pretty much anything!