My "Little Man" and I made it through my big Tuesday Substitue Teaching drama! Keric woke up so happy that morning, that I was semi encouraged that maybe we would make it through OK and we DID!
I got us both ready and made sure Keric had been fed and changed before I dropped him off. I packed his diaper bag to the TOP with anything and everything I could think of, put him in his car seat and then we were off to Denise's.
By the time we got to Denise's house, Keric was asleep. I was hopeful he would sleep for a little while longer for her. I dropped all of his things off with her and got back in the car. I started down the road to the school with tears rolling down my cheeks. I already missed him, and of course was really feeling the guilt now!
I got myself put back together and went into the school. I filled out my time card and went down the hall to Miss Manzione's classroom. She is teaching 4th grade this year, so it was kind of fun to see the kids I had taught last year, and I was in the classroom right next to my old classroom.
I have decided that I make a much better substitute teacher then a full time teacher. It is such a different feeling. I didn't feel so "stressed" out about keeping a schedule, or how they were going to do on their test next week, I was just able to relax and have fun with them for a couple of hours. It was nice.
I rushed out after school to go pick up Keric. I got to Denise's and when I walked inside, there was Keric, in the same exact place I had set him when I dropped him off. He had slept THE WHOLE TIME! Never woke up once! He truly DIDN'T know I was gone! Go figure!?
I put him in the car and went home. I was so relieved, that he was not horrible and yet felt a little silly for worrying so much at the same time.
Who knows, maybe there will be a few more subbing jobs in the future. :)
2 comments:
I am glad that everything turned out so well for you. Like I said before, it's just normal to worry about your kids while you are gone.
Yay! Isn't it funny how things like that work out? Whenever I fail to worry everything falls apart...but when I'm anxiety stricken, and killing myself over something...everything goes much better than planned...
Post a Comment