Tuesday, September 16, 2008

"Uh...Daddy...?"



Soccer season is in full swing again, and that means lots of hectic nights and weekends for us! I thought last year was hectic, but adding Keric to the mix has made it even a little more so.

Chris is coaching Reagan's team this year, I opted out since I now have a rather valid excuse! I think this may be Chris' last year. He's done it for 4 years in a row and is a little burned out.

Tonight was Reagan's soccer practice. Chris gets home around 6 and I try to have dinner ready and on the table by the time he gets home so he and Reagan can eat, be done and then out the door by 6:30 to go to practice.

Of course today was like any other day, Reagan didn't particularly like what I had made for dinner tonight, Lasagna, and so she was picking away at it, hardly making a dent in it at all! I don't know why she OR Cameron didn't like it, it was the REAL thing, not even the famous "lazy day" Lasagna my mom would sometimes make in a hurry.

Anyway...it finally got to the point where they were going to be late and she was no where near being done. So Chris told her she would just have to finish when she got back because they had to go. He grabbed her soccer shoes and started frantically putting them on her feet. He had them all tied and they were ready to go when we heard Mae Mae say in this very confused and concerned voice, "Uh, Daddy....?"

She stood right by the couch with this confused look on her face and then we both looked down at her feet and started laughing. Chris had put her shoes on the wrong feet! OOPS! I made them stay so I could take a picture too, so they were late anyway! Oh well... guess practice won't start without them! :)


MUCH better!

3 comments:

Cicily Bennion said...

Wow, I haven't read blogs for so long. Didn't know you had subbed. That's great. Just can't believe the kids didn't like the lasagna. I am so disappointed. If they weren't so darn cute it would be harder to take! Mom

Anthony and Christel said...

It was so funny today at practice...Chris said it was him against all of the kids and they had to stop him. I was yelling to Reagan to get her Dad, once she had the chance! She's so cute, we love Reagan!

Megan said...

a hahahahaha! We just did the whole soccer thing tonight...and it was the same story...except Joey ended up wearing Kirk's shorts on accident...but we didn't know it until we picked him up. Whoops! Whatever...we got him there and we were only 10 min late...ugh...at least you guys coach!!! I just hang my head in shame!