Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Bubby's new friend "Wesley"



I hope that one day our kids will think we are "funny", but chances are, they wont. Chris and I think we are pretty funny, and usually that funny comes at the expense of one of our poor kids, hopefully we haven't scarred them with our humor!

If you also look at my 365 day project blog, you noticed that the picture of Bubby yesterday showed a sock on his hand. I said that was a story for another day. I guess today is as good a day as any to tell that story.

One day last week, Chris was playing with Bubby and decided to give him a "new friend". He stuck a sock on his hand and called it his sock puppet friend. It was a white sock, so we named it Wesley. Much to our surprise, Bubby actually liked having the sock on his hand. He moves his hand inside of it, and laughs and giggles at the sock as it moves. It's actually pretty funny. Of course being the "funny" parents that we are, we named ALL of his socks and tried them on his hand. He has a green sock named "George", a Blue sock named "Billy" of course you have met Wesley, I think we named some more, but I can't remember the names. I'll have to ask Chris.

So with all that as a background, yesterday was my laundry day, and I was folding socks. Bubby was getting fussy, so I stuck "Wesley" on his hand, and he was entertained for another 20 minutes or so. He still had Wesley on his hand when I took the picture of him playing with his jungle gym.

Silly baby. He has all these millions and millions of toys in his closet, and he prefers to play with a sock!



4 comments:

KodaFit said...

I guess it's true - the best things in life are free!!

I gotta try this with my little girl.

Bethany said...

What a cute Bubby. It's so true that they always love the weirdest things. Unfortunately for me, Iris' favorite thing to play with these days is my hair...ouch!

Megan said...

Joey and I are cracking up at this! And OK already about the Twilight thing...I'm working on it, but don't hold your breath or anything...it probably won't be that entertaining after all the anticipation from you!

The Zieglers said...

Who is naming these socks? You guys are funny! We put a sock on Kade's hand when he was 2 to cover his bandages.( he burned himself on the fireplace really bad) My husband drew a mouth and eyes on it and it was his "guy". He wore it for months even after his burns had healed. It was pretty funny!