Thursday, February 12, 2009

Silly Silly Reagie Mae Mae



The past couple of days Chris has had to do his QBR (Quarterly Business Review). This means really late nights getting his presentation all put together and taking clients out to eat, and Nati and kids home alone wondering when Daddy will get home.

Last night I decided to call Mama Anne and see if she wanted to meet us at McDonald's for dinner. I figured the kids could play, and I could talk to an adult for an hour or so. Chris is pretty beat by the time he gets home, and I figure the last thing he wants to listen to are my long and boring stories of the day. So I made Mama Anne do it.

While we were at McDonald's eating, Reagan put her arm around me and pointed over to a table a few feet away from us. Then she said..."Nati, what kind of people are those people over there?" One thing you need to know about Reagan is that she only knows one volume...LOUD.

I was mortified about two things! One, that she was pointing, and two that she was asking her question loud enough for the entire restaurant to hear! I tried to quiet her down, but it was already kind of too late.

Mama Anne was laughing too hard to help me out and Cameron, who also knows only one volume, was saying "Reagan, you shouldn't point at people!"

I quietly tried to explain that the girls eating a few feet away from us were Asian. Thankfully that seemed to satisfy her curiosity, and she didn't have anymore questions.

Maybe we need to invest in some culturally diverse sock puppets for Reagie too!?

4 comments:

Kenna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kenna said...

That is too funny, kids are just funny that way aren't they!:)

Bethany said...

Mae Mae...She's so funny. Bummer that Chris is working late :( I hate that. I'm glad you got to go "out to eat" though with Anne

Lissel Dalton said...

No wonder Halle likes Reagan so much! They both speak the same "language" at the same volume!