
Well, I guess I get the mother of the year award for today! For the last two weeks, Keric has had this horrible cold! It just has not seemed to get any better. He has fevers off and on, and he's all congested and yucky!
After yesterday's events I decided that there was something very wrong with my normally happy baby.
I called the Dr. and made an appointment. The whole way there I kept thinking, this is going to be another one of those visits where the Dr. asks if this is my first baby, and then goes on to say that everything is fine, and to just give him some Tylenol and wait it out. I feel like I'm getting a real reputation at that office, which is kind of why I hadn't called a few days earlier!
So we went in and they checked his O2 stats, and then took his temperature, all of which were totally normal,( Great, here comes the first baby question and the new mommy talk!)
Then they checked his ears. He has been tugging on his ears for the past few days, but I took him in for that one time a few months ago, and his ears were fine. The Dr. said he may just be one of those babies that likes to play with his ears.
Well this time, that was not the case. He wasn't just playing with his ears this time, he has a double ear infection! I felt so bad! I should have taken him in 4 days ago when I felt like something was wrong. The Dr. said that he probably hasn't been sleeping through the night because his ears hurt! I felt so bad! Poor little guy!
We got some medicine and some drops for his ears. After we got home, I gave him his medicine, drops, and a bottle. Then we laid down to take a nap. 3 hours later, we both woke up! Guess we were BOTH really tired!
3 comments:
Ear infections are so crummy, especially when they are in both ears...hopefully he is feeling better. :)
Those pesky ear infections...they sneak up on you every time! If its any consolation I still feel that way everytime I take Stone in to the doctor:) You are a FABULOUS mom!!! Hope he gets to feeling better soon!
Poor Bubby! I hate ear infections! Milo gets them all the time. 24 hours on antibiotics makes a big difference. Hopefully he will be back to himself soon! Don't feel bad about not knowing, it is so hard to tell. That is why I am always glad when they get old enough to tell me something is wrong. I was a stress case with Tate- always afraid something was horribly wrong. I think I have relaxed a bit now. Bubby is getting so big! What a cutie. I love the pictures of him with his sock puppets, and the Bumbo photos are so funny!
Post a Comment