
Scrabble was one of Pampa Fraigs favorite games! We played many times at his house, and it seemed like he ALWAYS won! He had a vocabulary like few I've ever known, except for maybe Chris. ;) In fact truth be known, I really had never played until I met Chris' family, and since Craig is gone now, I haven't played since.
After Craig passed away, Chris and I helped Mama Anne clean out his office. We found LOTS of Scrabble games, a few still in the plastic wrap. Mama Anne gave our family a scrabble game, but we had yet to use it until last night.
Chris had been working down in the basement, and after awhile, he came up with the Scrabble game, and had us all play.
It was actually really fun. We changed the rules a little bit, the kids words were all worth double, since they had to come up with them on their own for the most part. Mae Mae had some help, but Cam actually did a really good job! I am embarrassed to say the only person I did better then was Bubby, and that was because he didn't play. :( I don't quite have the Wexels vocabulary I guess.
We'll have to play Scrabble again soon. I would like my kids to remember Pampa Fraigs favorite game! :)
3 comments:
my family plays scrabble like its the greatest thing on the planet., but dean refuses to play with us. i told him its just us trying to prove that we are smarter than the rest of the siblings :) i am impressed that the kids did so well. :)
EXCUSE ME! Fastenr is not a word!! Wish I had somebody to play with me. Alas, I do my crosswords alone....Mom
Yes, this was one of Cameron's words, and Chris and I didn't catch it until too far into the game!! I was hoping no one would notice, but I should have known the crossword queen would pick it up right away! :) We will have to play next time we are home...Chris is really good, I'm not so great, but it's still fun. :)
Post a Comment