Tuesday, February 17, 2009

9 Months Old!



I didn't even carry Bubby for the full 9 months, and I thought it was the longest 35 1/2 weeks I've ever had! This 35 1/2+ weeks however has FLOWN by!

I still can't believe my little tiny man is 9 months old today! It seems so surreal, especially when I look back at pictures from the past 9 months.

At 9 months old Bubby is doing more and more new things every day. He is not the typical 9 month old according to all my books...but he's getting there!

He has FINALLY started to roll over some. He still doesn't like it, but he will do it if he is forced into it. Sometimes Daddy makes him do it too much, and he gets really really upset, but at least he does it! I don't see rolling as a means of transportation for him, but I feel better knowing that he is physically capable of doing it.

He is getting better at sitting up. He still doesn't quite have it down, but once in awhile, if he is preoccupied with something else, he will "sit" for a few seconds.

He loves people food and has given up pretty much entirely on baby food. He never really was a big fan to begin with. He was getting to the point where he was gagging so much from it, he was actually throwing up! So we have been feeding him from the table. It's still hard for him to eat a lot of it, because he still only has his two little bottom teeth, but he seems to like it much better than the baby food. It is quite the mess once he has finished, and I'm slowly learning the "tricks" of giving him people food. I don't know exactly how much of the actual food he gets in his tummy, but he seems to have a fun time trying to get it there! I've been looking for a baby food grinder, so he can eat more things, and eat them easier, but haven't had much luck lately. We'll find one though. :)

He is still such a happy little boy! He laughs, and smiles all day long unless he is hungry. He still loves his Ba-Ba, and still drinks 4-5 of them a day, although he refuses to HOLD his own Ba-Ba. One day...one day!

He has become a good little napper lately. He takes a morning and an afternoon nap, still in his Daddy bed, but a nap still the same, and that makes Mommy very happy!

He loves his jumper! He wasn't too sure about it in the beginning, but he has really been figuring it out, and he gets going in it so fast that I can hardly hear myself think! He really can make that thing go, and wow is it loud!!

He claps his hands, and mimics waving. He doesn't quite understand waving bye bye yet, but if I wave and he watches long enough, he will do it too. He still only says Da-Da, but I'm slowly getting over that. He also gives "kisses", which are slobbery, and oh so cute!

I love this little boy more and more everyday!! I can't wait to see what the next 9 months will bring!


May 2008


June 2008 1 month old


July 2008 2 months old


August 2008 3 months old


September 2008 4 months old


October 2008 5 months old


November 2008 6 months old


December 2008 7 months old


January 2009 8 months old



February 2009 9 months old

4 comments:

Megan said...

Oh Natalee...He is just adorable! I love him! I can't wait to meet him, and the rest of your little family! I have so enjoyed your pictures, and following your life through this blog! You are funny, and I can totally tell...an incredible mom! I can't believe he's 9 months old...time flies NatiPati! ;-)

Unknown said...

Hard to believe it's been nine months already. He has grown up so much - what a cutie! Mom

Heidi said...

I with Megan, thank you for sharing all this through here. He is adorable and they grow up all too fast. I am wondering where the last 11 years went. He is adorable and getting so big. Soon he will be running everywhere, and then your life changes again!

Heidi said...

I meant, I am with Megan! Typo's ugh!