Ever since gas prices started going through the roof about a year ago, I have become somewhat "obsessed" with what the marque outside the gas station says on a daily basis. A year or so ago, I would drive to work and look at the marque and be totally disgusted. I would notice when the price had changed by one cent, and it would infuriate me. There would be times that I would need to get gas in the car but not have enough time to do it before going to work. My plan would be to fill up on the way home, and more then once, I would go to work with gas at one price, and come home with gas at another.
I know it's really just so stupid, because when you look at the big picture, what am I really saving, a few cents here and there. I guess it's just the principle of the thing. How could a gallon of gas cost more then a gallon of milk?
Well now that gas prices have been falling, I am still obsessed, but I am obsessed in a much happier way. I love to drive by Maverick and see what the new price is that day. It is even more fun if I find a gas station who has a lower price then Maverick. Sometimes gas prices change as much as three times a day, and it just makes my whole day!
My sister in law and her husband have a little "bet" going. Several months ago, Matt made the comment that he would never see gas prices at $1.89 a gallon in his lifetime again, she disagreed, and the bet was on. I really hope she wins!!
8 comments:
I am a little obsessed too, I took an extra trip by the gas station the other day just to check it out. I am always a little paranoid that it will be going up soon. We are waiting to fill up to see how low it will go before we are completely empty.
Am I the only one do doesn't really notice it? I think so. Anthony will ask me if I noticed that gas prices went to (whatever for that day) and I will say, "no...they did" Oblivious am I! :) It's awesome though!
who, not do..wow, I can't type! :)
No, you're not, Chris never really notices either. :) He thinks I'm strange for being so excited about it.
here here sister!!!! dean and i make comparisons between the maverick here in overlake, and the one by deans work on 21st south. earlier this summer, i would take it as a personal offence every time it would go up one penny. but now with it dropping, its nice...dont get me wrong...but, its got me a little jumpy. theres gotta be a catch, or something like that.
This is funny coming from someone who never had to pay for gas Ms. Natalee...lol...the days when we filled up on your parents card...sigh...dreamy...did we even know how much gas was then?...
I am totally obsessed with finding the best price. I went to SLC yesterday and it was $2.05 at a Chevron in Taylorsville. I about passed out. :) Here's hoping it keeps going down.
I remember when it would cost me $15 to fill up my Datsun B210 in high school! Those were the days:) Its so fun to watch those prices fall fall fall!
Post a Comment