I'm not quite sure who has been spiking Chris' drink the last couple of days, but I sure do appreciate it!! :) He has been like the Energizer Bunny the past few days!They need to come spike my drink too! My house could use some deep cleaning that I just have no desire to do!
After he got the yard all dug out, he cleaned out the garage and took a whole bunch of stuff out to the dump and then over to DI. Yesterday on the way to the dump he said "I want to paint your door today." So who am I to argue with that!?! If he was willing, I was more then happy to pick out paint!
We went to Home Depot and picked out some paint and new hardware. I had originally thought we would be able to take the brass kick plate and the brass door knocker off, but sadly that was not possible. He tried and couldn't get them off without ruining the entire door. If I had known that before hand, I may have picked a different color, but it actually turned out kind of nice I think.
It looks black, but it's actually not. The sun wasn't out very well today so you can't get the real brownish grey color. Anyway...here is my new door! My house is now all complete!
Thank you my love for all your hard work, and for putting up with my silly requests!!!
5 comments:
I really like the color, and honestly I don't mind the kick plate so much. I think it looks great!
I liked the kick plate! I think it looks elegant. The color if fab! It does look black in the photos on our computer though...I wish I could see it in real life!! Your husband is too cool for school!?! Hmmm...I could say something about mine...but...I WON'T...lol...
The kick plate is growing on me, along with the knocker, but you know how it is when you have something pictured in your mind, and then it comes out totally different? That was sort of my problem. Thanks for the nice comments! :)
I'm loving all your little home improvements. Way to go, Christopha - as mom would say :)
I think all the improvements are great Natalee. I like the door, I am Megan, it looks elegant!
Post a Comment