Well...Keric made it 6 whole months without any injuries, but sadly, he didn't make it 6 months and 1 day! :(
Tonight when Chris got home from work, he was playing with Bubby, and he took him upstairs where Cameron and Reagan were. I was downstairs finishing up dinner when all of the sudden I heard a huge thud sound! I didn't think much of it until I heard Keric screaming and Chris saying "OH NO!" I dropped everything and ran up the stairs!
Keric still has not rolled over yet, so we are probably not as cautious as we should be about where we lay him down. Even though he doesn't roll he is pretty wiggly! I guess Chris had give Keric to Reagan because she wanted to hold him, and then after she was done, she just laid him on Cameron's bed. Chris was doing something with Cameron on the computer and somehow Keric threw himself off the bed and landed face first on the ground! No one saw how this little trick was executed, but he has a big red bump on his head to prove that it happened, and he did fall right on his little face!
I felt so horrible! Poor, poor little baby! He's gonna have a bruise on his head! Perfect timing since he goes to the Dr. this week! He was crying so hard his little eyes were all puffy. He really looked pathetic! I did not like seeing my child hurt at all! I thought watching him get shots was bad, but this was horrible! I know it's not the first time this has happened to a baby, and it won't be the last time it will happen to Keric, but I hope for my blood pressure's sake, it's a long time before it happens again!
The new rule in our house: No more putting Keric on bed's or anywhere else alone!
4 comments:
NATALEE!!! How horrible! POOR POOR baby! And he looks so pathetic too! Pathetically adorable! Well...I hope he feels better. It always seemed like my kids got horrible bruises right before we went to see the Dr. I was really paranoid someone would think I was an abusive parent...
Poor little guy, but it happens. It has happened multiple times to each of our kids. It's scary for a sec but they are very resilient.
ava took a face first dive off my bed (which stands like, 4 1/2 feet off the floor) when she was only 3 months old. i felt like the worst parent in the world. but, that was only intil this past june when allie fell off the coffee table and broke her arm, at only 18 months old. :(
Oh, poor little thing. He looks so cute, tho! Can't believe he's 6 months already - I forgot to think about that yesterday. Babies heal fast - he will learn to put his arms out when falling soon! Mom
Post a Comment