Monday, November 3, 2008

I KNEW this day was coming, I just didn't expect it to come so soon!



Ever since my very first ultra sound when we found out we were having a boy, I have been worried about my little boy's "exhibitionism".

During my pregnancy because of my pre-eclampsia, I had lots of ultra sounds. Towards the end of my pregnancy I was having two a week. Of course I usually had a different technican, and every single time, they had some kind of a comment about his willingness to quickly show all of us his little man parts.

I remember saying to one of them, "I'm afraid he is going to be one of those little boys who is always naked and runs outside without his clothes on!" Well...I think I called it! Although he is too little to run outside, he is always a happier baby when he is naked!

The other day he was running a little bit of a fever, and he had a little heat rash on his chest. I gave him some Tylenol and put him in bed. Because he was so hot, I took his jammies off and let him sleep in his diaper. A couple hours later, I could hear him upstairs in his crib. I went up to check on him, and there he was..."wearing nothing but a smile!"

He apparently has now learned to take his diaper off. Not only did he have it off, he had kicked his diaper clear down under his covers. It took me awhile to even find the thing!

So I guess I better start warning my neighbors...the running around outside can't be too far off either!

5 comments:

Megan said...

Nati!!! Hahahahah! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE that you had a boy first too!!! Who would like one of those crappy diapers??(no pun intended) They're hot, and sticky...and itchy...

Heidi said...

Too darn funny! I have an exhibitionist (sp) but he was my last. Potty training was a breeze with him though! I can't tell you how many times I had men (we lived on a ranch) come to the door and ask if I knew Beau didn't have any pants on. Nice I know!

Lissel Dalton said...

Natalee...its not just the boys, my two little princesses are always happier when they are running around in just a diaper or panties, and on occasion in the nude (I try to catch them pretty quickly there). It must be a natural instinct in children.

Natalee said...

Oh good Lissel, then I know at leat YOU wont be offended and shocked when you see me chasing Keric down the street in just his underware/diaper! :)

Melissa said...

ahaaa!!! a little sneaky one you have there! so sly..."i'll just shove that down there..." lets just see if he can get out of it when clothes are buttoned around it!