Monday, November 17, 2008

My "NEW" House!

I have never claimed to be a very easy person to live with, in fact I know living with me is probably no picnic and that's on one of my good days! I tried to relay this message to Chris as best I could before we got married, but he married me anyway. Crazy boy! :)

After we got married, I moved into Chris' house. This was the house that he had bought during his first marriage, and I was a little reluctant to make this our permanent home. I haven't been shy about letting Chris know this. I have wanted to feel like this is my house too, and not like I moved into someone else's house.

Chris has always promised me from day one, that I could do whatever I wanted to this house to make it my own, and to make it seem more like our house and not his house from a past life. I have held him to that promise for two years and counting now! Yes, it's true, I can be that shallow, and insecure about myself!

We, (and say "we" LOOSELY) have done lots of things to the house in the past two years! We have re-painted the kitchen, and family room, with more rooms on the list to do. We ripped the carpet out of the family room and laid lamanent flooring down. We put a brand new office down in the basement and then of course turned the old office into Bubby's room. We have replaced furniture in different rooms in the house. We replaced the roof with shingles that I picked out, it was kind of a hard sale, but I think Chris likes them now. They are very different from the original ones, and I LOVE them! We will eventually paint the front door, I hate the plain white door, but I just don't know what color I want yet.

So you may ask...what in the world MORE could you do to your house? Well let me tell you!

This past summer has been somewhat crazy for our family,(had a baby four weeks early, Chris switched jobs, I quit my job, replaced the roof, lost Pampa Fraig) and as a result the yard has really SUFFERED! I mean it had really gotten bad! I have to admit that I could have been a lot more help in the yard, but I will spare you my selfish and insecure reasons as to why I wasn't.

So...since most of the stuff was either dead, or overgrown, we decided to tear it all out, and START OVER! I am so excited to have my OWN yard now! I will get to plant flowers, and bushes, and even put in a little garden. It will ALL be different!

So there ya have it! My NEW house! I may even be able to give up on the argument that we need to sell this house and move somewhere else!

I truly do have the best husband in the world! Who else would dig up their entire yard along with everything else I have had him do, just to make their wife happy!?! Thank You honey!! I love you!

These are some pictures of our "new" backyard. I was going to take pictures of the front yard but by the time it was finished, it was too dark. I'll have to post those tomorrow, along with pictures of our roof!


That's the Arbor we stood under at our wedding reception. I want to plant vines that climb up it. The spot on the left, is where I want to plant a garden.


I'm not sure what to do here...maybe just flowers? I'm not sure what kind yet. :)


This will have bushes and flowers also.

6 comments:

Megan said...

I'm disgusted...this is WAY too orderly...what about the dog poo? Where are the weeds? Are you serious? I'm never posting pictures of my backyard! Lol! Nati! It looks fabulous! I'm so jealous!

Natalee said...

I told you! I have the best husband in the WORLD! :)

Anthony and Christel said...

Wow, it looks great!

Angela said...

I can understand where you are comig from Alton and I had a similar situation, I am for you that you are able to change so many things.. It looks great.

The Zieglers said...

Wow! You guys have been busy! Your yard looks fantastic! Can you come and help me with mine.....next spring??? I think you should post pictures of all that you've done....before and after shots. It would be like one of those decotator shows on hgtv!!

Megan said...

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/219385/(copy and paste that) It's an image of the vine I think you should plant called Clematis...yep...I think it will grow well in Tooele...and it’s so pretty!