OK, so it wasn't really a "word" per say, but it sure sounded a lot LIKE one! :)
On Monday one of my friends called me and asked if I would sub for her class today. Chris usually works from home on Wednesday's and in Tooele, Wednesday is always a half day of school for Elementary kids, plus as a sub you get paid for 8 hours even though you are only there for 4 1/2. All in all, it's a pretty easy day to be a sub! I talked to Chris and he was willing to take care of Bubby while I went to school today. So I got up and got ready, fed bubby and got him ready to hang out with Daddy.
I got ready to leave and gave Bubby a hug and a kiss goodbye. I said "Mommy will be back in a few hours, she has to go to school." He looked right at me and grunted a very audible "Huh uh". Chris and I both looked at each other, and said, "Did he just say 'huh uh?" It was so funny. I know he was just grunting, but his timing couldn't have been more perfect.
As it turned out, I got all the way to the school, only to find out my friend had not let the office know I was coming, and they had already found another person to sub for her. So Bubby got his wish, I was home in about 10 minutes. :)
I love how he is getting to be such a little "people"! He has such a funny little personality and is already so much his own little person. He's a sweet boy, and I'm so glad he loves his mommy so much.
6 comments:
It won't be long and he will be talking your ear off.
I totally KNOW that's what he said Nati! I was watching Oprah a long time ago, and they had a lady on who would translate baby gibberish...and cries, and it was really weird, because she seemed to make them happy. All their little gurgles and noises must mean something!?! Have you been doing sign language with him? I keep seeing all these programs where parents sign with their babies and they communicate a lot faster...how fun! Now I'm thinking Meet the Fockers...sign language might be bad...lol! Meg
you know what makes Joey and Mattie laugh really hard? The story about your uncle putting the canning jar over your head...sigh...that was a truly horrible and funny story. Does Chris know it?
I don't know sign language, so no, I haven't tried that. :) Actually it was a flower vase, and yes, he knows it. My uncle told him the story himself. :)
That is so cute! He is ahead of Milo. :) Milo has no need to do anything but grunt, yell, and jabber. Tate and Ella are always asking me to translate because they honestly believe I speak baby. Little Keric is growing too fast. We can't wait to see him!
yeah bubby!!! i have a feeling he will be an early starter on pretty much everything :)
Post a Comment