Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Pictures of my New House



So Chris got the entire front yard finished up this morning. He had one little side of the house left to do when it got to dark to work on Monday, so I waited to take pictures until it was all done. I should have shown you the before and then the after, but I didn't really want to remember the before. :) We kept some of the bushes. We have a huge pink Rose bush that I like, so Chris just trimmed it way back, and we have some other cute little bushes that can be saved that we kept too, but for the most part, it's all gone!!! YEA!!!! I am SO HAPPY about my new house! I can hardly wait until Spring!



This is the side of the house where the garage is. That entire right side next to the house is a flower bed. We had an infestation of Holly Hocks that had to be ripped out! I'm telling you I have never seen the likes! They completely took over that whole side of the house and killed about three bushes! I will NOT be planting any of THOSE! See my new roof? Isn't it cool? It's called "weathered timber". I like it!


Closer picture of the roof.



This is the front of the house. That's what is left of the Pink Rose Bush. It had gotten way overgrown, but I do like it, especially when it's full of pink roses! The rest of the flower bed got ripped out. I would like to put some purple and pink and white tulips there to go with the pink roses? We'll see? I do love tulips though, so I'll have them somewhere.


This is the front and side of the house. I would like to put flowers and bushes here I think.



This is the front left side of the house flower bed. This is the flower bed where we kept the most stuff. Sad huh? :) I like the little bush and there are two little miniature rose bushes that the Holly Hocks hadn't completely destroyed.


This is the only "before" picture I have. This is a picture of my very WHITE front door! I don't like it. So it will be painted another color, I just haven't quite decided on what yet. I have some idea's, but I'll post a picture of the final product when I decide for sure!

5 comments:

Anthony and Christel said...

The yard looks great, and I do think your new roof looks great too, I like the color. Chris has been very busy, I see him out there like every day!! I really want a whole new door, or at least to paint ours. I HATE the blue color, yuck! My friend has a beautiful sage green front door that I love, but maybe someday we can buy a wooden front door like Margies...love those kinds of doors!!

Unknown said...

The house looks so great with the new roof. I really like the color, too. Pick out one of the colors in the shingle for your door and you won't go wrong - well, that's what I often do anyway....The yard looks so good with all the stuff cleared away. If you are doing tulips, now is the time to plant the bulbs, you know. They will have to have something planted over them for summer but they are fun in the spring. I hope you become a "Jean Jr" and are always in your yard! - but of course if you're like me, you know you won't be! Mom

Megan said...

What a cute house Nati! It looks so crisp and clean, and perfect! That looks like an incredible rose bush! You know my dad is a house painter, and he says people are the WORST with picking out door colors! He constantly has to change them...I've stood away from our house with a paint chip in front of the door...but nothing really helps. I think your moms idea of a color from the shingles would be spot on! I wish we lived closer so we could go to the paint store together!! And I have a ton of bulbs that I haven't planted...I am def. not a Jean Junior. You should see her garden in Kalispell...it's amazing.

Anonymous said...

Everything looks great! The roof looks so nice. Way to go! Poor Keric and his bump! Just wait until he is walking. Milo has a new bump, bruise, or fat lip everyday. It's so sad! Luckily, they are tough and they heal fast! So, I just got home from Twilight. Ahhhh... it was nice to be rekindled with Edward. :)

Melissa said...

that was a lot of hard work to get those holly hocks gone, they are like, pure garbage. I love the transformations, perhaps now the place feels a little more like your own? you totally deserve all of it, Enjoy!! we had so much fun hanging out with you guys last weekend, we totally need to do it again!