One of the many things I love about Chris is the fact that he is so "handy"! It's so nice to be married to someone who can fix, or build, just about anything! There is of course a downside to this loving quality. Chris has the attitude that if there is something that he can do himself, there is no need to hire someone else to do it.(There has yet to be anything we've needed done, that he didn't think he could do!) It doesn't matter if he has never done this particular something before, he is more then willing to study up on it and figure it out.
So it should have come as no surprise to me when the insurance company paid to replace our roof after last year's huge windstorm, that HE would be the one to be up on the roof doing the replacing, and not someone else.
It is such a HUGE job, and he has basically done it by himself, by choice mind you. We get offers from people on a daily basis to come over and help, but he has yet to accept help from anyone other then his family, and that's only because they are nice enough to just come over and climb on up there. He did finally finish the second story on Saturday, and has been slowly trying to find some time to do the lower level.
My friends, I am FAR from being handy, but I decided today that I was going to face my fears, and I was getting my butt up there and helping him whether he wanted it or not. What was he gonna do? Tell me no?! I live here!
I had no idea what I was doing, and I was basically scared out of my mind the first few minutes up there, but I did manage to do a few things to help out. I even have my own hammer up there, and I have been pounding nails into tar paper. I also helped him scrape the shingles off, which was kind of a fun job actually. It was a good stress reliever. We were even able to get some ice and water shield down before it got too dark, and Keric got too fussy. Poor little guy. He's so good natured. He loves to be outside, so we just park his stroller under the tree where we can see him and he just sits there and looks around, or watches the doggies play.
I've been so happy and grateful that the weather has been so beautiful for so long, but I know it can't last forever, and we can't have a half finished roof until next May!!
So up on the roof top I go, maybe I'll run into Santa and Rudolph! I'll be giving them each a hammer if I do, whether Chris wants their help or not!
April 3, 2012
14 years ago
3 comments:
Your such a great wife!! Jamison is ALOT like Chris! He is a do-it-yourself kinda guy! Your a better wife than I, you'd NEVER catch me up on the roof..........I am terrified of heights!
Let me watch Keric next time you head up there, the girls would love it! And hey, if he needs you I am only a couple of houses away! :)
Hmmmmm you must really like this Chris character... oh wait...is that Keric's dad again? Ya...he's kinda cute...be careful Nati!!!!
Post a Comment