Saturday, October 4, 2008

"I'm a big kid now!"



About a week ago Keric went in for his 4 month check up. He of course had to get a bunch of shots, 6 to be exact, which he wasn't at all happy about, but then again neither was I.

One of the things Dr. Baar and I talked about was his sleeping habits. I told her that he was still waking up at least once a night, and sometimes twice. She was a little surprised by that. She said he was eating enough that he shouldn't need to be getting up at all! BUSTED! So she recommended that I shut my door, turn his monitor off, and let him figure out how to "self soothe" and ultimately how to sleep through the night.

Well, as many of you know, this is MUCH harder then it sounds! It's hard to hear your baby crying and then to lie there and do nothing about it. So last night I decided to see if Keric was actually learning to sleep through the night, or if he was still waking up once or twice a night. I turned the monitor back on, opened my door, and much to my surprise, he slept through the entire night!! He didn't wake up until 7 this morning.

He is probably a little old to just barely be starting to sleep through the night, but I was happy the restless, crying, and guilty feeling nights, had truly paid off!

5 comments:

Megan said...

You are so strong! And this is so worth it!! We were strong with Joey...and weak with Matt...Joey has consistantly slept in since age 2...and Matt at age ALMOST 12, still wakes up at 5 am...yep! Good Job Nati!

Anthony and Christel said...

Yay for sleeping through the night, that is awesome!! I know I always say this, but Keric is SO adorable!

Natalee said...

Well...every Mom loves to hear that her baby is adorable! :) Especially from someone who has adorable kids herself! :)

Anthony and Christel said...

Oh, how nice! Thanks! Well then, yay for adorable kids...and adorable kids who sleep through the night!! :)

Melissa said...

wow and he's only 4months old? my oldest didnt sleep through the night until she was older than one year! well done!