Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Coke vs. Dr. Pepper



Any of you who know me very well, know that I am a full fledged, true blue, Dr. Pepper girl! I've loved it for as long as I can remember! I have cut back considerably on my consumption, but I still think there is nothing better than an ice-cold fountain Dr. Pepper from Maverick. It's my very favorite treat!

The other day as I was making lunch, I stumbled on the 12 pack of Coke that we had bought Pampa Fraig to drink while he was working on the roof. Out of nostalgia I guess I decided to drink one. I'm not a big Coke fan, but it reminds me of him, and kind of brings a smile to my face.

I had set the can down on the coffee table and Keric was immediately fascinated with it! I guess he loved the bright red and white colors on the can. He kept starring at it, and almost grabbing for it. I decided that since it was empty, I would let him play with it.

I handed it to him, and he patted it for awhile, and looked at it, and then he picked it up with both hands, and put it right up to his mouth. It looked like he was just sitting back drinking a Coke. I couldn't believe my eyes. I took the can away and ran to get the camera on the off chance he would do it again. I gave the can to him again, and sure enough...he did it again!

He must have got a couple little drops in his mouth because he had kind of a funny look on his face when he took the can away from his mouth. All I could think was....maybe the whole joke of "I put Coke in Keric's bottle while you were gone" wasn't really a "joke" after all! Maybe Craig honestly did put Coke in his bottle when I wasn't there, because that little boy knew EXACTLY what to do with a Coke can!

6 comments:

Anthony and Christel said...

That is SO adorable! I love that you drank a Coke for your father-in-law. I do love Dr. Pepper but I am really a Pepsi girl at heart! Cute little Keric!!! Oh ya, thanks for the Halloween card, that was so cute, and it was the first Halloween card that I have ever received! :)

Amy P. said...

As a full-fledged, dedicated, long-time Pepsi-drinker I can't condone the drinking of Coke by ANYONE...but Keric does make it look awfully CUTE! :)

Melissa said...

i myself am an addicted diet coke girl. not cause i enjoy the taste, but because thats what my mom drinks and i guess i just wanted to be like her :) my children have had it before they were born,. i swear its in thier blood, yup, i am a pretty good mom. that picture of keric is a classic, i think pappa craig must have given him a fresh can of his own whenever they hung out :)

Natalee said...

Yes, I'm thinking he has had Coke before too! He was just to quick to put that right up to his mouth and tip it in! :)

Megan said...

Oh...he is a man after my own heart...full sugar soda...what does Paris Hilton say again? "Only fat people drink diet coke"....ha ha ha...actually Nati, here at our McDonalds they serve Diet Dr. Pepper on tap...and it's really good!?!? but only the fountain kind...

Bethany said...

Baby Keric is getting so big. I love his chubbers. Iree's got the chubbers too. I hope he slept ok for you after his dose of caffeine :)