Monday, August 11, 2008

Manic Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday....

I don't know if I will ever get this housekeeping/Mommy thing down or not! I've been so frustrated lately with my lack of accomplishments during each day. My goals for today were to get the laundry tackled, and the downstairs and kitchen cleaned up. The upstairs needs another whole day by itself! I accomplished half of my goal, I got the downstairs and kitchen cleaned, but the laundry is still sitting upstairs calling my name. I have a hundred excuses as to WHY the laundry is still not done, and at least a few of them are valid, but one of my biggest excuses was that I was having too much fun playing with Keric. He was being so funny this afternoon! I can't believe how much he changes and grows everyday! I get a little down on myself about not keeping up with the housework like I think I should. Probably more down on myself then I should. I think Chris gets tired of me beating myself up all the time. Any of you who know my Mom, will understand why I have such high expectations of myself and also know I have HUGE shoes to fill in that area. I may never get to that level of housekeeping. Every time I get down on myself I remember a little cross-stitch wall hanging that my Mom had when I was a little girl. It said:

Cleaning and scurbbing can wait till tomorrow, for
babies grow up, we've learned to our sorrow. So quiet
down cobwebs, dust go to sleep! I'm rocking my
baby,and babies don't keep!


So hopefully my cobwebs and dust will quite down for a little while, and my husband will continue to be patient with me as I figure out how to balance all my new responsibilities with some play-time with my sweet little monster once in awhile too.

3 comments:

Anthony and Christel said...

I think it is much more fun to play with babies than to do yucky housework! I'm sure that you are doing a great job!

Megan said...

Bleeding Love...come on Nati...that is such a horrible song...it's almost as bad as laundry...and I totally don't believe you are having troubles with housework...but if you are...YAY!!!! Life is good...I might be normal???? Seriously though...your mom makes me feel inadequate in every way...I tried so hard for like 10 years and then I just figured she was superhuman...OR SOMETHING!!!??? Lynn...you are awesome, and the rest of us are not. PERIOD

Angela said...

I hope you don't mind but I got your link from Christel's blog. I can totally relate to what you wrote. It never ends does it? Babies are more fun anyways.