Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Last Day of Summer Vacation



Today is officially the last day of Summer Vacation for Cam and Reag. Cameron starts school tomorrow, and Reagie starts Kindergarten on Monday. Chris had to go into work today, so it was just me and the kids. Before Chris left we decided it might be kind of fun to make the last day of Summer a fun day for Cameron and Reagan. Seems like we haven't had a lot of time to do very many "fun" things this Summer. We had good intentions, but like everyone else, the Summer just kind of slipped away from us, like it does every year.

I decided to take them to lunch at Carl's Jr., ( I really hate McDonald's) and then we would go bowling afterwards. So we loaded up in the car and headed over to Carl's Jr. for some Chicken Stars and Cheeseburgers. After we were done eating, Cam and Reag played on the playground for awhile while Keric took a little nap in his car seat.

After Carl's Jr. we headed over to the bowling alley. It was pretty deserted, I think we were one of three cars in the parking lot. I had planned on bowling with them, but by the time we got there Keric was awake, needed his pants changed and was hungry and fussy, so Cameron and Reagan just bowled while I took care of Bubby.

They seemed to have a good time. Reagan was ahead of Cameron up until the last two frames, but in the end he beat her by one point. It's kind of sad to look up at the scores and know you wouldn't have done any better then that if you had bowled yourself, bumpers or not.

After we handed in our shoes and bowling balls, they went into the Arcade and played around for awhile. I forgot they had an Arcade, so I didn't bring any cash with me, but they had a fun time just pretending they were playing.

We came home and then they immediately went to their first love, Cartoons! I'm convinced that had I not INSISTED we go to lunch and bowling today, they would have been happy just lying on the couch watching TV all day AGAIN. Oh well...at least I can say they did something more then watch cartoons all Summer long, even if it was just for the last day of Summer.


Good Job Cam!


Reagie is soooo happy it's her turn!


Keric isn't as happy unfortunately



Bowling Stud


And the winner is.....

2 comments:

Megan said...

Natalee...didn't they have an ATM??? You are funny. Those poor children having to 'pretend' to play video games!! Seriously though, HOW could you hate McDonalds!?!? HOW?! Don't the memories of us working there touch your very soul??? Remember how we would SUPER salt the french fries because WE liked them EXTRA salty?? mmmm...still my favorite! Oh my goodness...i'm going to post some pictures on my blog of a memory...it may take me a few hours, but I WILL! Cameron and Reagie are 'commercial' cute! You ought to put them to work modeling so they can play an arcade game once. ;-) (I'm kidding!!! I have SOOO missed teasing you Nati!)

Anthony and Christel said...

I'm glad you had a fun last day of summer before school starts. I saw Keric on Sunday. He is SUCH a cutie!