You can't see it too well but Keric's shirt says "Cool just like Daddy" Ha ha. I thought it was an appropriate outfit to wear on his Daddy's birthday.
As luck would have it, we have all of our birthdays one right after the other. We start with Mae Mae's in April, Keric's in May, Cameron's in June, mine in July and Chris' in August. There are good points and bad points to this. The good points are that they are all so close together, you can't possibly forget one, and when the kids are little it's nice for them to not have to wait so long for their big day. Then there are the bad points which are obvious, they are all so close together!! Seems like you just get done with one, and you're planning another one. I guess we do get a rather long "break" after August.
The other bad point is that it seems like the farther down the line you get, the more your birthday seems to become a little less eventful, almost like we have all kind of run out of birthday enthusiasm. So that means that poor Chris kind of gets the short end of the stick every year.
I tried to do something "fun" for his birthday, but he kept insisting that he didn't have birthday's anymore, and that I must have my days confused because it was not his birthday. I did finally convince him to at least let me buy him a few little gifts, so that was pretty much all he got. I didn't even make the poor guy a cake. I would have if he wanted me to, but he asked me not to. I guess after being home last weekend, we realized that we are the FAT couple of the family, and we are going to do something to change that before we go back home for Christmas! Cake wouldn't have helped that.
After he opened his tiny little dumb gifts, we went to the X-files movie for his "fun" activity. I never watched any of the TV episodes, but it was actually a pretty good movie. I thought Keric would sleep through it, but no go. He actually sat on my lap the entire time and watched it! He was so cute! He didn't cry or anything, just sat there wide eyed and kicking his legs every once in awhile. Guess he really IS a Wexels. He loves movies! :)
I know it was kind of a crappy birthday, but I hope you know how much I love you anyway! Happy Birthday honey!
3 comments:
Natalee!?!? We are SO alike!! Kirk is always so nice to me for mothers day and my birthday, and etc…and I am completely LAME about his. But he’s difficult to buy for. Simple trinkets that I adore do nothing for him…although the no cake thing would flame him. But I totally know what you mean about being birthday-d out…ours are Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec…and throw in 4 holidays…starting with Halloween, then Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years…and by January first we all just want to NEVER eat cake or sweets, or open a gift…EVER again! But Happy Birthday Chris! I hope I get to meet you sometime!! ;-)
Boys are funny! Jamison doesn't care about the hub bub of a big birthday or gifts or anything. All he cares about is that he gets a homemade red velvet cake!( a tradition in his family). He asks me to make two. One to share and one just for him! Oh, and I think you look great, give yourself some time girl, you did JUST have a baby! Happy Birthday wishes to your hubby!!!
Happy Birthday Chris! I love Keric's little onsie, he is growing so fast, but yet he is still so little..I'm so used to Tyse being huge!
Post a Comment