This past weekend, we loaded up our car, put the kids in their car seats, and headed out for Keric's first trip to WY for my Grandma Hopkin's 80th birthday bash. I was a little nervous about it, but all in all, he wasn't too bad. He slept from Tooele to Rock Springs, but then he had a hard time after that. I finally got in the back seat with him, and we put Cameron up front. I don't know if me being back there helped or hurt, but I felt better being back there with him.
We got a late start, so we didn't get in until 1:30 a.m. It made for a long day and to make things worse, Keric wouldn't sleep, so I was up and ready by about 7. Good thing my sweet husband let me take a nap around 10.
My entire family was able to come home for the birthday party so we got to see little baby Iree in person. She was so sweet, and I can't believe how much bigger Keric looked next to her! It is amazing to me how much my little man has grown!
It was fun to also see my own cousins. Some of them I haven't seen for years! My Grandma had everyone of her children there, all but 2 of her grandchildren and all of her great grandchildren. It was quite the party.
I don't know that I want to make the long WY trek again anytime soon, but it was a lot of fun and it was great to see my family!
2 comments:
I'm glad that you got to go have a great time!! I love the nickname Iree, so cute!
When Kade was a baby we lived in Powell and we made alot of trips to Pinedale, It's a 5 1/2 hour drive and I used to just PRAY that he would sleep most of the way! Driving with a screaming baby put me on edge! I got really good a nursing him while he was in the carseat! It took great skill to manage that! It makes me laugh to think of it now! How fun to have a party to celebrate your Grandma's birthday with the whole family! You'll have to say hello to your mom for me!
Post a Comment