Thursday, July 30, 2009

Oquirrh Mountain Temple

I don't think there are any of you except my Mom and Chris who read my 365 Day project blog, but if by some small chance you do...this may be a little repetitive from last night. I guess the bonus is you get more than just one picture. :)

Yesterday the Young Men and Young Women of our ward went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House. I had to go because I am in the Young Women, and since we had a whole bunch of extra tickets we decided to go as a family.

Our appointment wasn't until 7:20 p.m. and the line to get in to tour the temple was a lot like the lines we stood at in Disney Land!

Cameron and Reagan had never been to an Open House before, so it was fun to walk through with them. Bubby wasn't as "reverent" as I hoped he would be, but he was OK. There were lots of little kids there, so at least he didn't stand out in the crowd.

When we got done with the tour it was past 9 so it was dark outside. We took some pictures and then we went to McDonalds for a treat. Cameron wanted a medium shake, and I think Bubby drank more of it than he did!!

It was a nice day. One I hope we will all remember for a long time!




4 comments:

Melissa said...

no way?!! we were there yesterday too! only, we didnt go with a church group, it was just me, my sister and all the kids. i was blown away by how beautiful, and serene it felt, even with all those kids! did you get to go have a cookie in that nice air conditioned tent? we loved that part =)

Shannon said...

Wow, what a pretty Temple from the outside. We haven't been yet... we will see if we get there. Yeah, Cam and Reag said that it was really neat. Oh- and Reagan said something that kind of made me laugh. She said "Mom, I didn't really think that the place where the girls get ready to get married was that pretty." I'm not quite sure what she was expecting... probably jewels and such. :)

Natalee said...

I should have put that part of the story in! Dang, it was late and I forgot. She was really un impressed with the brides room, but I think it was because the YW president was really talking up the "princess room" and telling her all about how beautiful it was and how she would get to be a princess and then it was the LAST stop on the tour, and it honestly was pretty small. haha She kept asking if there was another one or something. Poor girl.

Lissel Dalton said...

Dang! Sounds like I missed a fun activity! BTW - I may be crummy at commenting but I DO follow BOTH of your blogs (I'm probably as bad at commenting as I am at posting on my own blog) - hehehe!