Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy 4th of July!


Cam and Reag are with their Mom this weekend, so it was just the three of us for the 4th this year. Last night before we took the kids down to Grantsville we had a little BBQ with Mamma Anne, and did some fireworks. This is the first year that Bubby has really had any interest in the fireworks. He totally slept through them last year! :)

It was a very SMALL little show, but I think it was fun for the kids.




Getting a little more nervous....




Somewhat upset...




At first he was ok with them. He didn't seem real sure about them, but he would watch them. Then as they got a little bigger and a little louder, he started to get a little more upset. By the time we were two the last two, he was fit to be tied! I had to take him out of his stroller and hold him, and then he would just bury his head in my shoulder and refused to look at them.


NOT having it anymore!

Today we didn't get up to go to the Parade. I kind of wanted to, but it starts at 8here in Tooele, and Bubby was still asleep, which I was fine with! Later on in the evening we went up to Mama Anne's for a BBQ. She had ribs which were really yummy! She also had Watermelon JUST for Bubby. He of course ate every bite I would give him!

Then we sat out on the lawn and watched the fireworks. Bubby was much happier with these fireworks. I think he liked their distance! He sat on my lap and pointed to the big lights in the sky. The big booms sort of bothered him at first, but he didn't cry like he did last night.

It was a nice day. Hopefully next year Bubby will enjoy the fireworks a little more.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

my kids cant stand fireworks, when deans dad pulls out the fireworks in the backyard, they run screaming the other way. Ron thinks its really funny.