Chris pointed out to me last night that I haven't done a very good job at keeping up this blog. I told him that I really had nothing to blog about but today there has been something that has been bugging me, and so I'm going to "blog" about it, and maybe I will feel better after I get it off my chest.
Excuse me a second...I need to get out my soap box. OK...now that I am up here...here goes my blog for today.
I was watching "E!" last night, and one of the teasers they had was Tom Brady's wife Gisele, and the "controversial" things she said about her step son in an interview with Vanity Fair. Of course I was exactly what they wanted me to be... very curious and staying tuned to hear what exactly she said about her husbands little boy.
So I waited through all the commercials and this was the horrible things that she told Vanity Fair...
"Mrs. No. 12 - in her first in-depth interview about life with Tommy - says she feels she is “100 percent” Jack Moynahan’s mom - a comment that will most assuredly tick off the little guy’s real mom, Bridget Moynahan.
I understand that he has a mom, and I respect that, but to me, it’s not like because somebody else delivered him, that’s not my child. I feel it is, 100 percent,” she said. “I want him to have a great relationship with his mom, because that’s important, but I love him the same way as if he were mine. I already feel like he’s my son, from the first day.
We’re betting that little revelation won’t exactly thrill B! You may recall that Moynahan let it slip - through various anonymous “friends” - that she feels Gi should “lay off” her kid.
Do you notice that Gisele is holding that kid every time there is a photographer around?” one Bridget source told Us Weekly magazine. “It’s like, lay off the kid already. Any mother would feel it’s invasive.”
SERIOUSLY!?! THIS was what had everyone up in arms?? THIS was what was going to make his ex so "upset"??? THIS was what I stayed tuned for?!?! Did I MISS something???
I'm sorry, but I just don't get it?? Why would these statements make someone, more specifically his MOM, upset?
I guess I would like to think, hope is maybe a better word, that if you happen to find yourself in the difficult situation of raising a child or children with someone you are no longer married to...wouldn't you WANT their new spouse to love your child/children and think of them as their own?
I have said before, outloud AND on this blog, that I love Cameron and Reagan like my own children. I would hope that this statement does not offend Shannon, but that it instead makes her feel a little more comfortable with me, and with the time that they spend with their Dad and I.
Heaven forbid anything should happen to Chris or I, I would want Keric to have someone who loved him like their own. Not someone to take my place, which Tom Brady's wife specifically said she was not doing, but someone to be an example to him, someone to take care of him for me when I'm not there, and someone that he would always know loved him and had his best interests at heart!
I know it's not the worlds way of thinking, and it's not even always the natural reaction to have to step children ( I hate that term almost as much as I hate the term 'real mom') but it is however an attitude that I think is MUCH easier to live with!
As long as Chris and I have been married, we have had an understanding that Cameron and Reagan have 4 parents! We are all in this together, none of us more important than the others.
Why can't people GROW UP, and be adults??? They are little kids for crying out loud! Can they really be loved by too many people?? Would you want the new wife to NOT like them?
OK...I am done with my rant. I feel much better now! :) Good thing we have Blogs, so we can vent. haha
5 comments:
Excellent point! I haven't commented, but I think your scrapbook pages are too cute! Good job miss CRAFTY!
Ah, Natalee. If only everyone could grow up and be an adult - our world would be such a better place! I loved your thoughts, it all makes so much sense - now let's see if everybody will follow your wonderful example.
They are so lucky to have you in their lives. I totally agree with what you said. I hope Mackenzie always understands and knows of my love for her. If adults would be adults and put their children 1st we would have a lot more happy, healthy children in this world.
I heard that stupid rant about Giselle's comments and thought it was ridiculous. Evidently Bridget would rather her son be unloved when he is out of her care. I'm just so glad that you guys can all be adults - I must agree - can you have too many people who love your children? Mom
well said my friend. its obvious that you are the right one for this job, because you clearly have the best attitude for the job you are doing. so many in this world are only in it for themselves and thats what makes life harder. i have seen it within my own family. -i havent checked in in a while, i have sort of been out of it with blogging. so, i hope you havent thought i forgot about you! have a great day,i will try to check in more often :)
Post a Comment