Monday, March 2, 2009

When Did I become a Grown Up??



This is a picture of my Mom with 6 of the 7 of us. I'm not exactly sure how old she is in this picture, but my guess is judging by how old my littlest brother is, she is only a couple years older then I am now. It's hard to judge how old my Mom is in any picture, since she still looks exactly the same!

As a child, I remember thinking that I couldn't wait to be as grown up as my Mom was. I just knew I would be a totally different person after I was all grown up and after I got married, after I became a Mom, after, after, after....

So here I am...after most if not all of those things that I thought would make me a different person. The weird thing is that in my own mind I still have not reached that milestone of being how I viewed my Mom from my little 12 year old eyes.

Yesterday I was called to be the 1st counselor in the Young Women's Presidency. I still remember very vividly my mom being in the Young Womens Presidency when I was growing up! Have I really reached this part of my life, where I am doing grown up callings?!?! I feel like I just LEFT Young Womens! Will there now be girls who look at me like I looked at my Mom back then?

So here I am...all "grown up"! When exactly did I become a grown up? I don't feel any different, and I certainly don't feel like I am "all grown up!" Guess like most things in life, it happened without me realizing it. Go Figure!

4 comments:

The Zieglers said...

Natalee....great picture! And your Mom looks the same as she did back then! I too remember your mom being our YW leader. I remember heading to girls camp in the back of your station wagon and your mom and Melanie Lennon cheated and slept in the car instead of the NASTY little cabins at the boy scout camp! Good memories! You will LOVE YW! I have been called 3 different times and each time I love it more! There is just something about being around those girls that is inspiring! Good luck with your new calling.....I'm excited for you.

Natalee said...

Aw Yes the good old station wagon and my mom and Melanie getting caught sleeping there instead of in their cabin! lol I have my Mom to thank for my love of camping! :) That is so funny that you remember that too!! Remember them both in the bathroom trying to plug their curling irons in to do their hair?!? Sounds like something the two of us would do now! ;) Thanks for the vote of confidence! I guess I know who to call for advice now! :)

Kenna said...

I LOVE that picture lol! And it's so true that you mom still looks the same...meaning Great! Congrats on you new calling and good luck:)

Bethany said...

Wowzers! There I am with my white hair. Oh how I wish i was a real blonde again...
I just got called to be the Mia Maid advisor a couple of months ago and I'm loving it. I know what you mean about feeling like you were just in YW. Crazy. You should check out sugardoodle.net (you probably already know about it, but it was new to me) They have tons of great stuff. You'll do a great job!