Monday, April 7, 2008

Happy Birthday Reagie!!!

Our little "Mae Mae" turned 5 on Friday! I can't believe how big she is getting! When Chris and I started dating, she was only 2. She had just stopped drinking out of her sippy cup, was just starting to discover her love of Princesses and letting go of Elmo, and she was still wearing her Tweety Bird Pull Up's to bed which we all lovingly referred to as her "Birdie's in Front". Now all of the sudden she is our tall, skinny, Hannah Montanah singing, make-up wearing, shoe loving, Kindergarten bound girl!

Reagie was with her Mom this weekend, so we celebrated her birthday with Chris' family yesterday. We had a little Hannah Montanah party for her. Chris made her a Hannah Montanah guitar cake, complete with sparkles and all. It was VERY cute, and very yummy!

After cake, it was time for the opening of presents. She had been wanting a purple fish for awhile now, so Chris went out and found her a purple Beta along with a little purple tank. We also got her a little CD player and a Hannah Montanah CD, which she LOVES. We also got her some stylin sunglasses and a little MP3 player to listen to. She's always borrowing mine or Cameron's, so we got her, her own. Her Grandparents of course were also very good to her. Mama Anne made her a really pretty quilt. It's all pink with silver sparkles on it, and it has patches with fairies, kitties, doggies, and princesses. I tried to take it for myself, but she didn't think that was such a good idea. ha ha

Grandpa Criag gave her a Hannah Montanah Barbie Doll, Grandma Lynn and Grandpa Dan sent her a very nice savings bond along with a pretty white jacket, which I'm sure wont be white for long, but is still very cute. Her cousins Jack and Anna gave her a Ken doll complete with two new outfits. I think it was mostly for Jack, because he loves to play Barbie's with Mae Mae, but he gets a little self conscience about always having to be a girl Barbie. :)

All in all, I think she had a fun day. This morning when Chris found her, she was "dancing" with her purple Beta to "Girls Night Out" blasting from her CD player. :) She's growing up, way too fast!

We Love you Mae Mae! Happy 5th Birthday!


This is how I remember Reagan. Back in September of '05, our Ward had an activity that Chris and I both ended up going to. We obviously didn't go together, but I remember that being one of the first times I really noticed him and his cute little kids. I found this picture of Cameron and Reagan at that very party.



Reagan's Hannah Montanah Guitar cake.


Hannah Montanah Party.


Mae Mae's new purple fish and fish tank.


MP3 Player complete with Purple back light. :)


Ken doll to go with Barbie.


Happy Birthday Mae Mae!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds like she had a great party! Love the cake - Chris really has a talent for making cakes! Give her a birthday hug for us!

Megan said...

Nati,
I've been following your Bennion Family Blogs for a while, and I miss you guys! Congrats on the Keric and the cute family! <3 Meg

Cicily Bennion said...

What cute pictures. Chris always out-does himself with the cakes. I love the purple fish and fish tank - who knew there was such a thing? Hope it does better than Beady and Speedy - ha! Mom

Bethany said...

I loved that pic of tiny Reagie and Cam! They really have grown up too fast. I'm glad she had a great birthday. You're so lucky that Chris makes the cakes. I spent 3 hours on Roman's and I vowed to never do it again...but of course I will :)