Monday, April 28, 2008

Keric update...April 28, 2008


I went in this morning to do some lab work and get my blood pressure taken again. After a weekend of lying down, my blood pressure had come down a little. This time is was 132/84 which was lots better then Friday's readings. The downside to my visit was that my Dr. called this afternoon with my lab results, and I do have preclampsia. My protein count was 392, and anything over 300 is not good.

What that basically means is I will be on bed rest until Keric's arrival. My blood pressure was good enough that I didn't need to start steroids today, which was a relief to me. I will not only be going into the hospital twice a week for stress tests, but I will also be visiting my Dr. weekly.

The plan right now is to hold him off until 37 weeks, which will be around May 26, that is if I can keep my blood pressure down. At 37 weeks she will go ahead and induce me. If my blood pressure can't keep in check, she may have to induce me earlier, which is why they are keeping a close eye on me.

I go in tomorrow for my first non-stress test, so I'm hoping I can keep my blood pressure down for tomorrow too.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Hi Natalee, I found the link to your blog from others in the family. I am so sorry to hear you have to be on bed rest. I think that I would cry if I heard that too. Having to stay down everyday would be very difficult. Maybe this will be a good chance for you to take sometime for yourself before he gets here. Crocheting will definately help pass the time. I hope you are able to make it to 37 weeks. Keep us posted! It is fun to hear how you and your family are doing! -Lizzy