
I went into LDS Hospital this morning for my first perinatal exam. A perinatal exam takes about an hour and it basically consists of being hooked up to the monitors for an hour to check for contractions and also the babies heartbeat. They monitor their movements and look to see if there are any irregularities in the heartbeat. I also had a mini ultra sound to check the level of amniotic fluid, and also check my placenta to make sure it was also OK.
Keric looked great. He was quick to show off his little "man-hood" to his mommy, so she could stop having dreams about taking a baby girl home in boys clothes. :) His amniotic fluid was good, along with his heartbeat. His head is in the down position, which is good, and I wasn't having any contractions. The Dr. and Nurse were VERY happy with his results.
The down side of the appointment, was his Mommy's lab results. I believe the Dr.'s exact phrase was, "The baby looks great, but his mommy's labs are going down the tubes fast!" She sort of caught me off guard! I didn't know if she was joking or really being serious. So I asked what exactly that meant.
Basically it means, I'm the one with the problem, and not Keric. My kidney's are not functioning the way they would like them to be. They are spilling out a lot of protein, which is not something they like to see, and my blood pressure is still not all that good. I will be going in on Friday for new blood tests, another stress test, a growth ultra sound for Keric, and then a regular Dr.'s visit for me.
The Perinatal Dr. said I most likely am not going to make it to 37 weeks. :( Right now they will be taking it a week at a time. So now we are all crossing our fingers that I can make it to 34 weeks. Once I make it to 34 weeks, we'll try for 35 and so on.
I FEEL fine, which is what is so annoying, but I got a semi-lecture about taking this bed rest thing VERY seriously. It's one thing to be down in bed when you feel like crap, but quite another thing to be lying down when you feel just fine! I thought I was doing pretty good, but I guess I need to do a little better.
We'll keep ya posted!
4 comments:
Wow. I can't believe the baby is coming so soon. That's so exciting! My sister was on bed rest for a while too. Enjoy the rest while you still can. Good Luck.
-Elaine
Oh my gosh! I had no idea any of this was going on. I guess I need to talk to either you or mom more often. It is all a little scary! Make sure you take it easy so you can keep this baby in as long as possible. Keep the updates coming!
This blog is so exciting! I keep checking in for updates! Good luck! ;-)
I feel so out of the loop! I had no idea. I haven't checked my blog/email in a few days and my how things have changed! I'm so sorry to hear about the pre-clampsia. I'm glad that little Keric is doing well though. I'm sure that bed rest is so annoying. Have you started crocheting? You should get a knifty knitter too. Then you can knit some cute booties and hats! Keep us all posted and good luck! We'll be praying for you and Keric.
Post a Comment