Sunday, April 20, 2008

GO TEAM!

Chris and I aren't real big sports fans. We watch the Jazz occasionally, but ask either of us any real sports questions, and we probably wouldn't know the answer. As a prime example, and I can only speak for myself, but I had no idea who was playing in the Super Bowl this last year. However when it comes to little league soccer....ASK AWAY! :)

Ever since Chris and I started dating, soccer has been a big part of our Spring and Fall months. This will be Cameron's 4th year playing and Reagan's 1st. A couple weekends ago the Spring season of soccer started, which now means our weekends consist of soccer, soccer, and probably something else to do with soccer with a little basement working on the side.

This season Chris is coaching Reagan's soccer team because I don't do too well running up and down the fields right now, not that I was any good to begin with, I mean who wants to see a soccer coach running with her double jointed elbows and wrists pointing out to her sides, but the basketball inside my stomach doesn't help matters much either. I do still help with some things, like treat and game schedules and my favorite part...calling parents about things once in awhile, but for the most part, he gets to do all the running each weekend. :)

Reagan's team started out the season with 4 little girls, we eventually got three more players, so that helps! We are still the Purple Penguins, and it is still pretty much a girl dominated team. We have two boys, but one has yet to show up and the other one...well let's just say Chris is extremely patient and kind to him! I don't know that I would have the patience to deal with him. :) We didn't do so great in the Fall, but I've been really proud of how much more all of them are playing this season, and the girls are even starting to become lots more aggressive with running after the ball and blocking it from the other team.

Last season if the ball was ever within 10 feet of Mae mae, she was sure to get out of its way! She also did lots of her running down the field and lining up on the line, holding my hand, (ha ha) but this year she has been kicking the ball and getting in the game a lot more. I haven't seen her hold Chris' hand down the field once! :) She's made some really good plays too. It's been much more exciting to watch!

Cameron's team is a lot more advanced obviously. His team has team captain's, goalie's and even ref's. His team has lots of really good players on it and is actually pretty good for their age group in my opinion. Cameron scored a goal his first game, which was really exciting, and had it not been for the 50mph wind we had yesterday, I'm pretty sure he would have gotten two more. :)

The last couple of weekends have been fun, busy but sadly also mostly COLD! Hopefully the weather will decide to cooperate so we can concentrate on PLAYING instead of on how COLD we are. :) We wish you could all come and watch a game with us! If you're ever in our neighborhood, we would love to have you join us on the sidelines. However as a warning, some of us, (OK just me really), get a little into it. :)


Cameron chasing after the ball



Cameron very happy with his performance! :)



GET THAT BALL REAG!!!!!



The "original" Penguins. (L-R) Brooklyn, Liz, Acelyn (Mae Mae's BFF), Elizabeth, and Reagan.

4 comments:

Chris said...

Das pretty coo, Kyle....

The Zieglers said...

Hello Natalee...So I am new to the blogging world and was looking around and found you! You have a beautiful family and congrats on baby Keric!
Trisha

Mom said...

It must be soccer season if the weather's cold! Sounds like the kids are doing great. They look so cute (and rosy) in the pictures. Give them a hug for me.

Megan said...

Nati...who knew you'd be into soccer!? Wow...times have a changed! I could barely get you to walk with me!!! :-)Remember Bonnie and Megan?