This weekend our Stake decided to put on an Adult Winter Formal. When Chris and I saw the flyer in the church program Chris of course laughed, but I will admit, I was kind of intrigued. I didn't know that I necessarily wanted to go, but it was something to do over the weekend; cheesy as it may have sounded!
Though I love Chris dearly, I do wish he were a little more social. He loves nothing more than a quiet evening at home watching T.V. where as I would like to go out a little more. I love weekends when we actually go out and do something, even if it is just going out to see a movie.
Maybe it's because I am "stuck" at home all day, and I just feel like I need to be somewhere other than here, but I really have started to love going out and doing things. If we can find some friends to do it with, I am just that much happier!
I always feel like we need more friends, where as Chris feels like we already have too many...I mean you know, Matt, Denise, Mama Anne, Jon, who can find time to have any more friends than that! :)
So on Friday my neighbor Deedra came over to visit. She is Keric's nursery leader and has been talking about bringing her girls over to play and maybe making Keric a little more comfortable with her. While she was over the topic of the Adult Winter Formal came up. She told me that she and her husband Chad had gotten talked into going by some other people in the ward and she thought it would be a GREAT idea if we went to.
I told her that if she could talk Chris into going, I would happily go. I have to admit that the thought NEVER crossed my mind that he would actually go!! Well sure enough her husband Chad called Saturday morning and invited us to go have dinner with them and two other couples and then go to the dance. Since he wasn't totally opposed to it, I took them up on the offer and said YES!
I have to say, it was one of the funnest nights I have had in a long time!! Of course we knew everyone that we were hanging out with, but we didn't know them all that well. We sure do now and vice versa! :)
I truly have not laughed that hard in a LONG time! I think we were the noisiest table there and we didn't have one alcoholic drink on our table! :)
After dinner we went to the dance and the fun continued. They had it all decorated just like Prom or something, and even had a professional photographer there to take pictures! So we all got a huge group picture, just like you do in high school! We danced, and laughed, danced and laughed, and then we laughed some more!
I had a great time, and I really hope that we get to hang out with Chad & Deedra, Ben & Malory, Darren & Rochelle, and anyone else who is brave enough to hang with us again SOON! I even think Chris would admit that he had a good time too!
Thanks honey for humoring me, and not being TOO embarrassed by your silly immature wife!
3 comments:
So glad you had a fun time! I totally agree about getting out...I'm always dying to get out of the house for dates! So on the rare chance that it happens, it is always so fun.
That sounds like so much fun! They do an adult dance here around Valentine's Day every year. Kimball and I have never gone but we are planning on going this year. I am looking forward to it.
That sound so fun. As much as I appreciate being "stuck" home, I also enjoy a fun night out more than my husband.
Post a Comment