
Keric has been getting much better with his talking abilities. He has been saying a lot more words lately, and he is a little easier to understand. He still does lots of screaming for things he wants, but at least now when I tell him to use his words...he actually can sort of!
Tonight I went to watch our Young Women play basketball. Chris was working in the basement, so I took Keric with me so that he wouldn't be in Chris' way. He does love to be Handy Manny down there which usually means he's downstairs destroying something!
Any of you who know Keric at all know about his love for balls, and anything that may resemble a ball, ie Ornaments, Apples, Oranges, basically anything that is round is considered a ball, and he wants it!
So when we got to the basketball game and he realized there was a ball involved; that was all he wanted was to play with that ball! I had anticipated this before we left, but I thought that he would be content playing with one of the extra balls off the court. I was very wrong! He only wanted the ball all the girls were playing with. Nothing else was good enough!
As we were watching the game, he kept trying to run onto the court to get the ball. He even succeeded a couple times, but he didn't get too far thankfully! During one of these escape episodes, I picked him up and put him in my lap and held him there. He looked up at me with big tears in his eyes and said as clear as day "Mommy....I NEED that ball!"
Of course his first sentence has something to do with a ball! That kid cracks me up!
4 comments:
That is so cute/hilarious. I love little Keric!
That's exciting! Way to go Keric!
Oh how precious. That just may beat "There goes the honey." Keep it up Keric! Mom
what a cute CUTE boy!!!!
Post a Comment