Saturday, July 19, 2008

No longer my "too tiny man"!


The 17th of the month was kind of a busy day for the Bennion family! It was my Mom's birthday, the day Bethany had baby Iris, and Keric officially turned 2 months old!

I took Keric into the Dr. yesterday for his two month visit. I had prepared myself for all the shots he would get, but I guess I was naive in what the scale would say. Chris and I had both thought he would be around 7lbs or so. My guess was 7lbs 6 oz and Chris' was somewhere close to there.

I took him into the exam room and changed his diaper so he would have a fresh dry diaper. Then I carried him out into the hall and put him on the scale. If I hadn't of been standing there myself I don't think I would have believed it, the scale said my little preemie boy now weighed 8 lbs 11 oz!! I thought his baby seat was getting a little heavy lately! :)

They also measured him and he is now 21.5 inches long. He's a tall baby, which probably is the reason why he still looks so "skinny".

He gets credit for the 4 weeks he came out early, so they really measure him as a one month old and not a two month old. As a two month old he is only in the 2%, but as a 1 month old he is in the 25%.

The Dr. was happy with his progress. She said he looked like a completely different baby, which if I go back and look at pictures, she's right. He is catching up nicely, which is encouraging. He has started to smile a little more, and really he doesn't even HAVE to start doing that for another month.

He is sleeping a little more, eating lots more, and is such a fun fun little boy! I just love him!

I'm not exactly sure how I feel about my too tiny man no longer being too tiny... I mean I am glad that Keric is finally catching up and putting on weight, but I miss my little teeny tiny baby! I knew he was getting bigger because his preemie clothes were looking rather tight on him, his socks actually fit his feet now, and his legs fit down into the leg holes of his jammies, but I wasn't prepared for just HOW big he was! They truly do grow up too fast!!!


He even fits in his swing now!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Hey Nati! Batman was SO AWESOME! Happy Birthday Lynnie, Keric, and Iris! For a while I thought Keric was all you...(from the pics) but I'm definitely starting to see Chris as well...in fact, now I'm beginning to wonder...Do we really know who the mother was? LOL...that was always our joke..."We know who the father is, but we're not sure who the mother is."

Anthony and Christel said...

Hey!!! That was a fun surprise! I didn't know you were a blogger either, cool! I added you to my list on our blog! You & Chris are so great, I'm glad you are our neighbors!