My sweet little boy truly is so so sweet but, sadly it's only about 95% of the time. When it comes to bedtime or naptime that yucky 5% comes out. He for whatever reason refuses to sleep and when he does sleep it's never longer then 2 hours at a time, mind you this doesn't even usually actually happen until around 1 or 2 in the morning! This makes for kind of a cranky mommy. As much as I hate the 2 hours of sleep at night, it wouldn't be so bad if he would take naps during the day, but alas, he does not, unless you count the 10 minute cat naps he takes once in awhile.
You think I jest....let me prove it to you!
A typical Keric "nap":
Awww....Mommy just changed my diaper and took my clothes off. I'm so much cooler now and so comfy. I wonder why she wants me to be comfy?
I'm just gonna STREEEEEEEETCH for a minute!
Awwwww that felt good!
Hmmmm? My eyes are getting a little heavy.......
I'll just close them for a second. Hi Mommy! I'm still awake!
"Night Night Bubby! Mommy Loves You! Sweet Dreams!"
Wait a minute! Did Mommy say Night night?? NO!
How long was I out? WHAT DID I MISS!?!
I'm Up, I'm Up! What are we going to do NOW?!?
FOILED AGAIN MOMMY! Better Luck Next Time!
5 comments:
Oh my goodness Nati...that looks exhausting! Joey was JUST like that!! He never napped! Finally when he was 2 I just stopped trying. To this day, he stays up until midnight, or beyond... reading. He just can't seem to make himself go to sleep...There's too much interesting stuff going on in the world!! On the other hand...in the morning I can't rouse him. I think I would just get used to Keric being your little PAL...24/7 LOL! Muah ha ha ha ha! Really tho...that's rough on a mom. He sure is a cutie!
Something that does make Joey tired...and that he's always loved...is a BIG, NOISY, FAN...Go figure. He points it right at himself, and his room is always freezing! Maybe Keric could use some sound thing like that...I can't remember what that's called?!?
Awhh....the good old days! I remember those! We did the whole "white noise" with a humidifier in the boys rooms. It works well, they still use them to this day! I do too! I have to have my fan going or I can't sleep! My husband HATES it!
That is so funny! He is so sweet, and growing so fast!! I feel like it's been forever since I've seen you, and I live like 3 houses away. Lets have the girls play again. If we aren't too busy tearing out carpet and tile today, then I'll call to see if Reagan can come & play.
I can totally relate to that! Emily was just like that as a baby. She cat napped all day long too. I felt like I could not get anything done. I wish I had some good advice to tell you to help him sleep. I never did find the trick to get Emily sleep longer. The older she got the better she slept. Hopefully it will be the same for him. The pictures of his short little nap are really cute.
Post a Comment