A few days ago I decided that I needed to Spring Clean my house! I call it Spring Cleaning because I am fairly confident that by the time I get DONE it will be Spring if not Summer! I'm kind of a slow cleaner, and Bubby doesn't make cleaning very easy on top of being slow. :)
I Spring Cleaned my bedroom and also my bathroom. I am also doing a 21 day challenge with my sisters to "Get Organized". So on top of Spring Cleaning, I am also dumping drawers and cupboards and trying to get on top of my mess!
I've given myself a "timeline" of sorts. I have a "job" that I tell myself has to be done "sometime" today! It may be done by noon...it may be done by 11:30 p.m. but it HAS to be done by that day. That way if Bubby is just too lonely and needs me for a couple of hours, I can still play with him and not feel too "guilty".
Today's "job" was walls and baseboards upstairs. It's amazing how GROSS your walls get, and how much BETTER I feel having them cleaned! They need painted terribly, but that's another project and another story. For right now...they are clean! Part of washing the walls and baseboards included the stairway. Probably the worst part of all!
Some of you may remember that my stairway has three very precisely cut holes in my wall. These holes have been there for MONTHS and I HATE them! Chris has been really busy with work, and really doesn't have much "free" time. In the time that he DOES have, he has been working down in the basement, so I try not to harp too much on the holes in the wall...but I really do hate them!
If you DON'T remember how this all came to be, you can go read the story HERE. It's a good story if you need a good laugh!
So I came up with a plan to "fix" them. I have this little black end table in my kitchen that I love, but it kind of gets pushed in the corner and filled up with junk. My friend Susan has the cutest little table on her stairway landing that I have always thought was so fun! So I decided to take my little table and move it up to the stairway landing.
That covered up ONE of the holes... :) The other two I had to get more creative with. I found these two artist canvas' at Walmart and some really cute fabric and decided to make some wall hangings.
I've seen tutorials on these little wall hangings, and they always looked super easy and fun to make. So I decided to make some.
I just hot glued the fabric onto the back of the canvas
and then just kind of wrapped the fabric like you would a present.
This was the final outcome:
Then I hung them on the wall, and Viola...the holes are fixed!!
Bubby came up the stairs and said "Oh Lookie that Mommy! I like it!" So at least he liked it. LOL
I texted a picture of it to Chris and he wasn't as impressed. In fact his reply to me was "It's very interesting....maybe this will be my motivation to fix it!" Well...Rude, but if that really is true, then I guess...mission accomplished! :)
3 comments:
I think it's super cute, and very creative. Way to go!
Haha, I love his response. Whatever works, right?!
I think it's darling! You are so creative! Funny how projects in that house usually get done when Chris is out of the country. LOL :)
Post a Comment