Sunday, January 9, 2011

The "Foo Game"



No one but Chris and I will probably find this post funny, but I had to write this down so I wouldn't forget it!

A few weeks ago I was out doing some Christmas shopping and I had Keric with me. We were in Old Navy and I could tell he was getting upset with the time it was taking me to find things. He was getting restless, and I was trying to hurry. He found a huge gumball machine that had all sorts of different prizes in it, and he insisted that he have a "coin" to buy a prize. By this time I was willing to do WHATEVER would make him happy for 10 more mins. So I gave him a quarter and we watched the little yellow container come down the clear plastic spiral with the mystery prize inside! Keric quickly opened the container and out popped this big huge plastic dice!

My immediate reaction was "What a waste of 25 cents", but he was thrilled with his dice! He threw it ALL over the store, and had a great time finding it in all sorts of great hiding places. After we left Old Navy I kind of forgot about the obnoxious big dice, but Keric didn't!

He had put it in his pocket, and played with it for several days! Maybe it wasn't such a wasted 25 cents after all? A few days later, he wanted me to play a game with him and his dice. This was a game that he had either made up, or one he had played with Chris or one of the kids, I don't know, but he was very specific in what I was to do to play this game.

I stood on one end of our kitchen table, and he stood at the other end, and we threw the dice back and forth, back and forth! I promise we have NEVER taken him to Vegas, or Wendover for that matter and let him play craps! Anyway...I did this for probably 10 mins, and I could tell that this game could possibly go on for HOURS if I let it. I being the wonderful mother that I am, told him that I had things to do, and didn't have time to play his "foo game" anymore.

Now why I chose to call it a "Foo game" I don't really know, but I did. He cried and asked me to "Peas pay Foo Game!" and so I played for another little bit.

For days after he would lose his dice and ask me "Where Foo Game go?" It took me awhile to figure out what he was even talking about! Thankfully I realized it was the dice he was looking for, and together we would go searching for "Foo Game".

Well I don't know where the dice has since gone, He hasn't asked for it and I haven't seen it for awhile. I kind of forgot about it until this morning.

This morning while we were getting ready for church Keric came bringing in a game of "Yahtzee" and announced that he had found the "Foo Game!" He was so excited about the foo game and wanted me to open it immediately. I had to explain to him that we had to get ready to go to Nursery, so we didn't have time to play the foo game, but we would play it later.

He then sat on the floor and looked at the picture and proudly counted out 5 "foo's", 1 cup, and 8 "coins".

Oh this little boy makes me laugh so hard some days I think I will pee my pants! I suppose one day I should tell him that they are called "DICE" but somehow "Mommy I play Dice Game?" just doesn't sound as funny as "Mommy I play Foo Game?"

For the record...after Keric asked at least 50 times, we DID play the "Foo Game" tonight, and MOMMY won! YEA!!!

No comments: