This weekend I did some scrapbook pages for a friend of mine who still works at Middle Canyon and I wanted to get her the photo CD ASAP, so during her lunch break at school, Keric and I ran the CD over to her.
I got Bubby's shoes on, and told him we were going to go over to the school, so we needed to hurry. He immediately wanted to know where his backpack was, and insisted that he wear it to school! He LOVES to "go to school"! He always rides with the kids in the morning when Chris takes them to school, and he loves to tell me that he is going to go to school and "have a good day" with Cam and Reag. :)
So I found his backpack and we went over to Middle Canyon to see Miss Andrews. As we were walking up to the doors he said "A go see Reagan?" I said "No honey, she is at a different school, but it looks like this school huh?" (Middle Canyon and Willow are the exact same floor plan and he recognizes that! LOL ) He then looked at me and said "A go see Cameron?" I said "Nope, he's at a different school too, we are going to see Miss Andrews". He looked up at me with this total excitement in his eyes and said "Mama...this is BUBBY'S SCHOOL?!?"
I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. In so many ways it IS his school...and will always be his Mommy's school too!
Middle Canyon was where I started teaching. It was where I went from "Miss Bennion" to "Mrs. Wexels". It was where I was teaching when I found out I was pregnant. It was the school where I proudly displayed Keric's ultra sound pictures on my desk, and showed them to anyone and everyone who would stop for 30 seconds to look at them! It was the school where Miss Manzione announced over the Intercom that Bubby was a boy, and the school where teachers wore pink the day of my ultrasound in hopes that he was a girl! :) It was the school where I had my baby shower, it was the school where the little girls in my class would stick basketballs in their shirts at recess and play the game "Mrs. Wexels"! It was the school where Keric's new born pictures were shown on the LCD projector in my classroom the day after I had him. It was the school where we went SO often after he was born! It was the school where he was almost like the little mascot for awhile! Everyone knew him and loved him and was so excited when we would come to visit! :)
I think back on working while I was pregnant and remember so vividly walking into school and hearing the noise of all the kids. That was when Bubby was always the MOST active, was when I was at school! He did somersaults and kicked me all day long! :) It was only when I came home that he seemed to sort of calm down!
I will ALWAYS love Middle Canyon, and even though there have been lots of changes and so many of my "family" members have moved on to other schools, Middle Canyon will ALWAYS be My school AND Bubby's School!
1 comment:
I'm proud to say we were a part of your transition from Miss Bennion to Mrs. Wexels! I loved getting to know you and having Nathan in your class...two times! I know he was a handful...still is, and he's in the7th grade, now! What else is neat is that we both had boys about 2 months apart. I always felt a connection to you through the years! Thank goodness for Middle Canyon Elementary!
Post a Comment