Tuesday, April 5, 2011

What were YOU doing a year ago?

That probably seems like such a silly question, and many of you probably have no idea what you were doing a year ago on this day, but I will always remember what I was doing on April 5, 2010! I was coming home from the hospital after having my hip replaced that morning!

In so many ways that seems like such a surreal experience! I remember it like it was yesterday, but honestly, it also seems like it was all just one big nightmare! Did I really truly have my hip REPLACED? Was it actually a YEAR ago that all that happened, or did it happen to someone else, or in a dream?

I'm truly grateful that our minds don't remember pain, because even though I remember being in pain, I thankfully don't remember what that pain felt like!

Today and yesterday I have spent all day cleaning Spring Cleaning. As much as I dislike Spring Cleaning, in the back of my mind I was saying a big prayer of gratitude that I was able to do it this year instead of sitting on a couch watching my poor MOM do it for me!

I haven't had my 1 year appointment yet...but I'm anxious to see what Dr. Bertin has to say about my hip. I'm hoping it will be nothing but GOOD things!

1 comment:

Cicily Bennion said...

I know what you mean about it being almost surreal. I remember my anniversary like I remember my kid's birthdays - ha! Guess because it was also so life changing. I loved cleaning your house, BTW :)