Keric is 5 years younger than Reagan and 8 years younger than Cameron. He of course doesn't understand this, because to him, he is just as old as they are and should be able to do all the things that they do!
I'm sure my sister Cicily can relate to this kind of situation better than anyone! Poor girl was the youngest of 7 and the closest one in age to her was 8. I still remember all of us gathered around the kitchen table doing our homework, and Cicily bringing her coloring books and crayons up to the table to do her homework too! This may be just SOME of what poor Keric has to look forward to!
This morning while we were out working in the yard Keric was busy playing along side us outside. He had been following Chris around with his bubble lawn mower, but when I looked up from watering the flowers, I found him in the garage trying to put on his "hat". He had gone into the garage and found Cameron's bike helmet, and he wanted to wear it. He kept putting it on his head, but when he would go to run out of the garage, it would fall right back off and he was getting frustrated. So I asked him if he wanted me to put the hat on, and he said yes. So I turned the helmet around and snapped it on. He was very proud of himself running around with his "hat".
When I turned around again, he was in the garage trying to get Cameron's old scooter out. Of course he couldn't and he was in the garage screaming, which isn't generally a pleasant sound. So I went to see if I could help him. I don't know why I continue to try and reason with him, but I do. I tried to tell him that the he was too little to ride the scooter and I tried to put him on his little motorized "ride" as he calls it, but he was bound and determined to ride that scooter! He wanted NOTHING to do with his own "ride".
So off we went to ride the scooter! Chris even humored him and put the handle bars down as low as they would go, since there was no WAY he would ever be able to reach them, and he even tried to show him how to ride it a little bit.
Poor Keric must have worked on riding that thing for a good 15 minutes before he started crying and finally gave up. I felt so bad for him! He really wanted to ride that scooter like the big kids around our neighborhood do, and he just couldn't understand why he wasn't able to make it work! He was even smart enough to make sure he had his "hat" on before he rode it!
I was scared to death that he was going to fall and hurt himself or at the very least scrape his little legs and knees up really bad, but I was also pretty proud of him for trying, and for trying time and time again! The kid definitely has that Wexels determination and stubbornness! Ok maybe some of the stubbornness comes from me too, I just maybe don't like to admit it!
Poor little guy! I guess maybe he needs to have some more interaction with kids his own age other than just every week at Nursery!
No comments:
Post a Comment