Monday, June 14, 2010

Cameron's Birthday



This year Cameron officially became "old", he is now in the double digit age group!

With every passing year Cameron gets harder and harder to buy for! I think the real problem is that he has everything a kid could want, so there really is nothing left to ask for. This year was really not any different. We went to Wal-Mart and to Toys R Us looking for "ideas", but he couldn't seem to find anything he wanted.

Just as we were about to leave the store Chris asked him if he would like a Wii or as my sister in law Denise calls it a "divorce in a box" for his birthday. All I could think was heaven help me!! I thought we had dodged this bullet already! Apparently not! Before I knew it the two of them had decided that Cameron needed/wanted a Wii for his birthday. I think the truth is that CHRIS wanted the Wii, and since Cameron didn't seem to want anything for his birthday, he jumped at the opportunity to finally get one.

Now before anyone gets upset at me, or tells me how fun a Wii is, I need to clarify a few things. My parents have a Wii at their house and we have played it many times! One of my favorite games is Rock Band, so I know how FUN a Wii is. My only "problem" with getting one now, is that we simply do not have the room for it! The only place for the Wii is in the family room. I told Chris that I didn't mind if we got one one day, I just thought we could wait until our basement was finished and we could have it downstairs. That way if someone wanted to play the Wii, they weren't taking away from someone else wanting to watch TV. So that's my defense...I'm not a party pooper, I just thought it would be nicer to have some room so we could HAVE games like Rock Band to play. Anyway....

Cameron of course is ecstatic about having a Wii at both houses now. I guess at least now he will be somewhat easier to buy for. Just get him a video game!

For his cake he asked for a Pokemon ball of some sort. I don't know much about Pokemon, but in looking at the picture of this weird little thing, the cake looks just like it! I made him a lemon cake with lemon frosting and cream cheese filling, and obviously Chris did the decorating.




The following Monday we took the kids to the Natural History Museum up at the University of Utah campus. Every 1st Monday is family night, and your family gets in free. So that's what we decided to do for his birthday activity. When I was looking on their website, they mentioned that it would be easier to take Trax to the Museum because of the limited parking that would be available on Free Family Monday. So I suggested we do that.

Cam and Reag have asked several times if we could ride Trax, and Bubby has been into "choo-choo's" lately, so I thought it would be fun for them to get to ride Trax up to the Museum.

It was an experience for sure...I'm glad it wasn't crowded, because, well Bubby is far from a quiet shy boy, and lets just say he made his presence on the train known!





We walked around the campus for a little while, and Chris showed the kids all the places he had gone to for classes. They seemed to have a fun time walking around campus. The Museum was kind of fun, but quite honestly I was glad we didn't pay any money to go!

It was in a really old building, so there was NO air conditioning and it was hot!




They had some sort of neat things to look at, but like I said, it was hot and crowded and I think we were all kind of glad to finally get out of there!







Happy Birthday Cam! We love you!

No comments: