I was a little nervous about the long drive and how well Bubby would do in the back seat all by himself, but the trip actually wasn't bad at all.
I got everything all packed and ready to go Sunday night and we left early Monday morning. We left in the rain, and by the time we got to SLC it was snowing. The snow wasn't sticking to the ground until we got to Park City and then by the time we got to Evanston it was a total white out! The joys of driving to WY in May! I was honestly about ready to give it up and turn around and go home, but then Chris reminded me that I would just have to drive in the snow for another 2 1/2 hours so I may as well just keep going and see if the weather got any better. Thankfully it did about a half an hour later. We had a few little rain storms here and there, but no more snow! Whew!
Bubby was actually really good in the car. He slept for a little while here and there, and when he got sick of being in the car seat I would pull over and we would get out for a little while. We got to Riverton and he was really tired of the car and really wanting to be done, so I stopped and got a redbox movie and put it in the DVD player. He liked watching the movie and he watched it a couple times, but at about Cody he was just DONE with the whole trip thing and so he literally screamed the entire way to my Mom's house! Well...about 5 mins from my Mom's house, then he fell asleep! Of course! We got to my Mom's house around 5:45 or so, so we made pretty good time, and once Keric got out of the car, he was fine.
Bubby watching his Sponge Bob redbox movie.
I was surprised to pull in and find Kimball and Elaines car parked in front too! It was so fun to get to see them and little Danny. Keric wasn't to sure about Danny at first, but they ended up being pretty good little friends towards the end.
Most of the week was wedding stuff, and it was fun to see some of my extended family and meet Tori's new husband Chris. Now we have 2 Chris' in the family! I guess it's only fitting that Tori marry a guy named Chris. She has pretty much gone her whole life being called Natalee! My Grandma insists that she reminds her of me, and even looks like me, which I say is more of a compliment to ME than it is to her, so I guess she didn't have much of a choice...she either needed to marry a guy named Chris, or the guy would just be called Chris! :)
The wedding was really pretty. Kind of small since they got married on a Wednesday, but they looked very happy and Tori of course looked beautiful as always! :)
Keric had a great time running around on the Temple grounds, and being his usual loud self! Good thing he had other kids to play with and be loud with.
Keric and I left on Friday morning. I had all the things that I thought we would be able to do before we left, but of course we didn't get half of them done. I am apparently not a very good time manager. Guess I need to work on that!
We did however play "Rock Band"
and play with Bubbles, or "Baubles" as Keric calls them!
The drive home was good. My Mom sent Keric home with lots of movies to watch, so he was well entertained. The drive home he didn't take ANY kind of a nap, so he was a little more grouchy on the way home, but we thankfully didn't have any screaming episodes that lasted a half an hour! We also didn't have any snow, but this time we got WIND! There were all sorts of wind advisories on the roads, and all kinds of semi's pulled off to the side, which is a real comforting sight when your driving a long way all by yourself, but we were just fine, and we made it home in good time.
Chris was happy to see us, and was sure Bubby had grown in the 4 days we were gone. Who knows...maybe he did! :)
We had a great time in WY, and I assured my Mom that it would probably not be the last time I get brave and drive home again. I hate not going with the rest of my family, but maybe once in awhile when they can't go, Bubby and I can sneak up for a few days.
2 comments:
Keric looks great in those temple pictures and I love the bubble pictures. They turned out so cute!
good job you brave little mommy.
Post a Comment