Monday, December 21, 2009

Ice Skating


About 3 years or so ago, Chris and I went ice-skating with Cameron and Reagan. It was actually before we were even married, so it's been quite awhile. We went to the Utah Olympic Oval and we had a great time!

Now every year around this time, Cam and Reag ask us if we can go Ice-skating. We have been since the first time, but we missed last year, so Chris promised them we would go this year, so Saturday was the "big" day.

Every year Cam and Reag seem to get a little better. Reagan is now able to just hold onto someones hand and skate along side. For a LONG time, we had to kind of stand behind her and hold her up the entire time! It didn't make for a very "graceful" skate, OR a very pretty sight I'm sure.


Reagie using her "walker" to help her get used to her skates.


No more walker!! Good Job Reag!

Cameron has always been able to kind of make it on his own, and each year he gets faster and faster, and has fewer and fewer falls.


Yea Cam!


Trixy Whammers

Keric wanted to be out on the ice SO bad! He would scream and cry every time he saw them go by us. Chris finally took him out on the ice and let him "skate" with his shoes. He had a GREAT time running around on the ice. He was always very sad when he had to come back and sit with Mommy.


Happy on the ice with Daddy


Mad back on the sidelines with Mommy

As "tradition" goes, we always stop at Leatherby's on the way home for ice-cream. Not sure how that started, because it is AWFULLY cold for ice-cream, but we stopped anyway. I think Cam and Reag enjoyed drinking the Hot Fudge more than the actual eating of the ice-cream. Maybe it was a little warmer in their tummys.





It's yummy hot fudge and all...but I don't know that I could drink it!!

We got home late, of course, and everyone was tired, but we all had a great time! Until next year Olympic Oval...





2 comments:

Kath said...

so cute. what a fun family.

Shannon said...

Fun! Lot's of great pictures. I could tell Reagan was really excited to get her picture taken with the walker...she's pulling "the face"... He he. She told me all about it. I'm glad you guys take them ice skating. I fell on my tailbone SOOOOO hard back when I was in young womens ice skating... between that fall and giving birth to Cameron my tailbone will NEVER be the same!