Monday, August 17, 2009

15 months old & Tiara's "birthday"



Today was kind of a bitter sweet day for both of my "babies".

The bitter part is that today was the 5th anniversary of the day I went to pick up Tiara at the airport. We used to celebrate this day as her "birthday". I thought about her all day long! I miss that little dog so much! She was so sweet, and way too young to have passed away already. I went and put some flowers on her little grave today and told her happy birthday. I don't know where doggies go when they die, but in my head I envision her sitting with Pampa Fraig on a big fluffy couch watching movies somewhere up in heaven.

The sweet part..although somewhat sad is that today was also the day Bubby officially became 15 months old. I took Bubby to his Dr. appointment today. Dr. Barr was really happy with the progress he had made since his last visit. He only gained a pound in 2 months, but supposedly that's fairly normal. I had to laugh at him though. After she was done with his check-up she bent down to tell him goodbye and he gave her a big hug and a kiss!! Such a little ladies man! She is very pretty, but I was a little shocked that he was so comfortable giving her a hug and a kiss.

Happy "Birthday" to both my babies!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Way to grow, bubby. Man, my iree is way too small. 23 lbs seems so big to me, but that's still just average. He's really turning into a man (I mean, ladies man) How funny that he gave her a kiss. He's not shy!