Friday, June 27, 2008

Baby Faces


Spending all day with Keric the last 6 weeks has taught me a lot about what he is trying to tell me. I always wondered what those baby books meant by "you will know what your baby is trying to tell you." I thought crying was just crying, and you had to just kind of figure out what exactly they were crying about. I didn't think there were honestly different little cues each baby gave their mom's, but I'm figuring out there are certain little things he does that mean different things.

I'm still not perfect yet, but there are a few I have figured out. I do know what his hungry cry sounds like, I know when he arches his back and pushes his legs against me that he is so tired he's frustrated, I know the cry that tells me he has spit up on his little face and he wants it wiped up immediately, and my all time favorite is the face he makes when he's leaving me a nice present in his diaper!

Most babies wrinkle their forehead and or their nose, turn bright red and grunt, but not my baby. His eyes get really wide, he raises his eyebrows and then makes a funny little "o" mouth and looks around the room innocently. It makes me laugh so hard every time he does it. It almost makes changing the diaper "enjoyable".

Anyway, I thought I would post some pictures of his little diaper face. Poor boy will never forgive me when he grows up and reads this! Oh well....I'm claiming that it's my right as his mother to write down memories I have of him as a baby, even if they may be a little embarrassing!





4 comments:

Megan said...

Nati- I swear...those are YOUR poocha poocha lips! That is too too funny! ~Meg

Anonymous said...

He is seriously cute! What a doll. I have to tell you - Tate made that same face. We called it his Zoolander. Have you ever seen that movie? Doesn't it look like the incredibly good looking pose that Derik Zoolancer makes?

Cicily Bennion said...

Nati - Keric looks like he's really changing fast - I think he looks more like you than he did at first. Something about those big eyes - what a cutie. Can't wait to see him soon! Mom

Bethany said...

I love his little poopy face! That's pretty funny. I'm impressed that you're already figuring out what his cries mean. It took me way too long to figure out what Roman's cries meant. You must be more intuitive that I am :)